Checking Every Day?

Looks like the EPCOT monorail may be coming back soon! Hope we get some other confirmation today.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Yes! (One of my favorite Simpsons moments)

Also BlogMickey’s source says cast members are scheduled Sunday!

4 Likes

Looking forward to all the posts from Bloggers on Sunday morning, posting their first dramatic pictures of Future world construction inside of EPCOT taken from the monorail.

5 Likes

Great news!

Now, personally, the EPCOT monorail is just one of those things that every time I read about it re-opening, my reaction is always “what? they haven’t got that re-opened yet?”

4 Likes

Mine too! I love how Homer keeps singing the chorus one extra time, then “D’oh”! :joy:

4 Likes

I would love to see WDW do a Simpsons Monorail overlay onto one of the WDW monorails.

6 Likes

Yes!!!

That would be perfect! (I’m surprised Bob C. hasn’t jumped on that already)

1 Like

Oooh, have we mentioned Gertie yet? I’m fairly certain that my kids don’t realize that there is ice cream there, and once they do, they are going to convince me to pay $5 for a soft serve cone… because it’s a cute dinosaur… with ice cream…

7 Likes

ice cream + dinosaurs.
A treat that never goes extinct

12 Likes

Why is everything August 16th? I just saw Jellyrolls was added to that list?

2 Likes

Is that the the day APs are rumored to be going back on sale?

2 Likes

I think so? I know I read about a restaurant too but I can’t remember what one it was. I am still waiting for FF.

2 Likes

I don’t think they would start selling APs on Aug 16th ahead of the current FL-res deal that ends/expires Sept 17th. They would have to deal w/ a lot of ppl wanting to apply their ticket balance toward an AP. It would make more sense to resume AP sales after that deal expires.

1 Like

Interesting idea, I think you may be right. In any case, I’m hoping they release some fall/winter AP resort discounts at the same time to drive up AP sales. I’d be so happy to get my Pop reservations under $200/nt.

1 Like

I’m w/ you. I was really hoping they would have resumed AP sales after the last FL -Res deal exp on Jun 17th(?). I know my DS had one of those and they extended the exp. date to Jul 14 which was 2 days b4 our arrival. I called the ticket line and they gifted an extension and an extra day on his ticket… .a $200+ gift (THANKS Disney CMs!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

So… before they instituted this newest FL-res deal you could still buy 4 days for that low low price but once activated you had a week to use it. NO local uses tickets that way. I wonder if they got lots of complaints. I know I told the CM that I was SO happy about the extension, but I felt like Disney hated FL-res.

1 Like

Just to add… I was listening to the Moving to Orlando show and they talked about how AP holders were the MAIN group that entered the parks upon reopening; APs supported the reopening. I don’t know if anyone else has data to support that, but if true it doesn’t explain why Disney is waiting so long to resume AP sales. I’m just complaining about Disney’s disregard for their loyalists.

3 Likes

I’m seeing reports from people at EPCOT that Regal Eagle is now allowing people to order at the counter. I’ve also heard this is happening at some other counter service locations at WDW.

Also, here’s the first report I’ve seen about the reopening of Tangierine Cafe (this one is for you, @OBNurseNH!). It’s just photos of the seating area but I’m sure there will be food reports later.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/international-food-and-wine-festival/news/15jul2021-epcots-morocco-pavilion-reopens-the-tangerine-café-and-restaurant-marakesh.htm

2 Likes

[Looking for Boma]

7 Likes

OK so Marakesh is re-opening but only as a seating area; they’re not serving food?

1 Like