Checking Every Day?

Don’t know if anyone was actually checking for this, but I just read that the Dumbo play area is opening.

6 Likes

My kids will love this! They haven’t gotten to play on it yet. The first time we went when it was open, it was only a couple of months old. There was a 45 minute wait. We asked the castmember for one of the flashy pager things that I had seen in youtube videos, so the kids could play while we waited (which is the point of it, no?) and we were told that if we go to the play area, it was considered getting out of line, and there are no flasher pager thingies, and they acted like I was crazy. I thought I had misunderstood. We stood in line for the 45 minutes while my kids complained about not getting to play on the cool playground. :frowning: I’m not sure what the problem was with it that day. Every trip since then, Dumbo has been a walk on. I think this trip if it is open I’m going to set aside 20 minutes for them to go check it out. Playground in the AC in August? Yes please!

6 Likes

Food & Wine teasers came out today! (Including a Tangierine Cafe booth). No Eat to the Beat announcement yet but what they’ve revealed so far looks great!

3 Likes

Ooooh, I was just about to go check for these! Thanks!

2 Likes

I looked at the booth lineup. I cannot wait! So many things to try!

2 Likes

I want to try the things!!! Wonder how much it would cost me in kitchen passes to jump ship? :laughing:

Boneyard! Boneyard! Boneyard!

By Friday. Pretty please???

6 Likes

It’s funny what is on everyone’s wish lists for return. Now that Tusker House was added, our list of wants we change is EPCOT Monorail, Minnie Vans and Fireworks. And Fireworks can really be any show at MK, EPCOT or whatever. I look every day… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A lot of the booths we wanted to try are not opening until October 1. Sigh, none of our Epcot food plans are panning out. I’m sure we won’t starve though :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m definitely bummed at some of the ones that are opening Oct 1 but I have never been to Food & Wine and several of the new booths (Tangierine Cafe!) are opening July 15 so I’m happy about that. Also the Greece booth. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I am very excited to try the booths that will be open! We’ve been there during Flower and Garden, but never Food and Wine (fall is always so busy for us!!!) I was excited to see the Kenya and Brazil booths because I’ve never tried food from either country, and I always get excited for raclette (alps) but alas. I’ll probably be super excited in about an hour. At this point, I’m just happy to finally be getting there.

2 Likes

Just saw a report that they’re testing fireworks again at EPCOT tonight.

6 Likes

This is a very good sign of things to come,IMHO

6 Likes

Another good sign, a hole in the wall

2 Likes

Why did I think they had halted all work on TRON with no anticipated date for resuming said work?

1 Like

I thought they were still working on it.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/dumbo-the-flying-elephant/gallery/07jun2021-dumbo-queue-indoor-playground-reopens---june-7-2021.htm

3 Likes

There’s a self serve water station in HS now!

https://twitter.com/allearsnet/status/1402299052604207124?s=21

4 Likes

Dang it!!! This means my wild hope that WDWRR would re-open for the 50th was truly a pipe dream. :sob: As long as a construction zone that big has to traverse the area where railroad tracks were supposed to be, they’ll never resume steam locomotive activity around the MK. Phooo!

3 Likes

Yup. I was never really interested in a Tron ride (cannot get through either version of the movie), but the fact that it has taken my beloved railroad away for so long just makes it a big old nope sandwich for me.

1 Like

‘Ohana and Sebastian’s are reopening in July!

9 Likes