Checking Every Day?

Might be a good time to hit up the exchange hmmmmm.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t they care more about the British pound than the Euro? Not trying to be a smart-ass, promise.

4 Likes

Ha ha! I honestly forgot that was a thing. Brain fart.

4 Likes

The pound is much more stable lately.

Makes me wonder if it’s the war in Ukraine that’s causing the Euro to be less stable? Or something else?

4 Likes

Possibly. Though the pound is lower against the dollar than it was like 10 years ago. But definitely not as all over the place with spikes and drops like the euro in the last 5 years. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I don’t know how much a euro is worth though :joy:

5 Likes

It’s dropped so much since Brexit :cry: I guess stable is good though since I’m about to spend a lot of dollars.

3 Likes

Has there been any update on when Pooh and friends will return to Crystal Palace?

1 Like

That’s really the last thing I need to have happen to make WDW whole again in my mind. I miss those guys!

2 Likes

No and I was so looking forward to CP breakfast! And GG breakfast.

1 Like

He is coming back to the M&G by the ride soon though. DD is a CM at WTP and they have been using the M&G area as queue overflow and now they need to figure out where to put everyone when it reopens soon!

3 Likes

It’s been relatively stable but definitely gone down against the dollar. I paid for half of all our airBnB’s about a year ago and then the other half last month and definitely got a “deal” with the exchange rate! Last time I was in London a pound was like $1.50.

2 Likes

I always assume the pound is around $1.50. It was that way when I lived there (yikes 25 years ago, before the Euro!) and again the last time I visited 10 years ago. Like I just think of it as a constant.

1 Like

The first time I went to Germany was in 2001 when the Euro had just started as invisible currency and was being phased in physically so all the stores priced in Marks and Euros. Our teacher just said to look at the Euro price as that was the rough equivalent in dollars. I’ve been back a dozen times since then and I always do 1:1 in my head and it’s not good!!

In the UK now 20% is a nice easy number to do in my head so I’m glad for that. It’s fumbling around figuring out which coins are worth what that’s just embarrassing!

3 Likes

I still do too! It’s not though :sob::sob:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:

It’s ok, I’ve been saving for 3 years and I’ll just keep pretending to myself until I’m home :joy:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Pooh & Friends back at Crystal Palace (still no breakfast, though!!!) on 9/20
Lilo & Stitch at 'Ohana on 9/27
Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe on 10/4

6 Likes

Yay! Someone was just asking about CP the other day!

3 Likes