Checking Every Day?

5 Likes

Thanks for posting that!

1 Like

Didn’t even take the time to read it! Just knew the good news must be shared!

2 Likes

I just made a separate post about it. The WDW page (not the article you posted) is recommending that guest should allow 1.5 hours to take the boat launch from MK to FW. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue” is finally returning to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort on June 23, with reservations opening on May 26. Showtimes and pricing are now available.

2 Likes

no official date on when new MB will be released but some new details about them are here: VIDEOS: FIRST LOOK at MagicBand+ in ACTION in Disney World | the disney food blog

1 Like

That’s interesting.

Very interesting.

Disney is now proactively “thinning” out crowds.

There are a lot of people who are completionists who would find these scavenger hunts more fun than the rides themselves. Or like a parent swap. Instead of just sitting at a restaurant table/waiting at the exit waiting for the other party to ride, the 2nd party goes out and does these mini games.

I never could figure out the PlayDisney app. It just kept sending me to the “play at home” screen. But DS was on his phone on my account, so maybe that was messing us up.

2 Likes

My one DDs would play the games on the app while we were there. She’s a tech person but she figured things out I never did and interacted w/ a lot more things in SWAG too b/c of her poking around. I can see myself going on these scavenger hunts b/c I WON’T (can’t) wait in a long line. The thing I’m not fond of is looking at a device more than my surroundings… How much money am I paying to play w/ a device or have a device suck all my time?

2 Likes

And that’s what I keep getting drawn back to. @GreyingMouser nailed it when he joked about the crowds being completely absorbed into their phones. Then why the hell are we even there?!?!

For the statues, you don’t need to have your phone out and the bounties, only when you go to claim your credits.

But I’m with you. I’d much rather be doing this than standing in endless lines.

3 Likes

We’ll be staying more than 10 days at the end of august. I already know that my DD(8) will have much fun “collecting” items with her magic bands. I’ll have the phone and control/supervise her screen time anyway…

I just watched the video and the one nice thing is that you only have to pull out your phone to scan the door at the end. Otherwise it is the band telling you “hot” or “cold”. So overall, the magic band+ seems to be a good new way to interact with the theme parks without too much use of the phone, which is really nice. I couldn’t figure out the SWGE portion of the play app, but DD was super interested in making it work.

2 Likes

Tumble monkeys and flying birds return to FOTLK on July 16. To prepare, it goes dark (no shows) July 5-15.

7 Likes

Perfect timing! We arrive on 14th.

4 Likes

Speaking of which… do the Credits you accumulate do anything? I can’t seem to even use them to buy items or anything on my datapad.

You’d think you could use them for SOMETHING.

1 Like

Excelllent question I was wondering this myself! Special pin? Trading cards? Anything!

1 Like

The new Finding Nemo show opens June 13, and will be a Genie+ LL option for AK.

13 Likes

Yes yes yes!!! :raised_hands:

The reimagined Finding Nemo show, called Finding Nemo : The Big Blue… and Beyond! , will debut in Disney’s Animal Kingdom on June 13th, 2022 !

4 Likes

Minnie Vans are back on June 29. They’re for only within WDW at this time, not to MCO.

9 Likes

I was hoping this would also announce the return of the blue flagged boats around Bay Lake. Not yet :frowning:

6 Likes

This is great news - within WDW - for families who need car seats.

3 Likes