Checking Every Day?

I am so excited about this!! Especially for hotel to hotel adventures. Uber/lyft with Joe Schmoe always makes me nervous that I’m going to get killed and thrown in a gutter. Last trip I learned that I passed that particular fear onto DS26 when DH got the personal phone number of the uber driver so he could pick us back up after dinner. :flushed: We ended up taking a disney bus to a park then back to our resort instead.

2 Likes

When I was at Citricos I asked about this as the doors had like a craft paper taped to the inside of them and they said it was getting a full remodel and would be open before the end of the year.

2 Likes

I understood they were aiming for open before the Michelin Star people come to town which IIRC is this summer

Although now what I’m finding for news is that Miami, Tampa AND ORLANDO will be announced on 6/9 which would mean they missed their opportunity.

3 Likes

Oh that’s interesting. I did say I wished it was open for my birthday and he said not that soon, but before the end of the year definitely.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m bummed about that we will be at FW next week and I was hoping the blue flags would be back…

1 Like

“lon-ger-hours!” “lon-ger-hours!” “lon-ger-hours!”

EVERYBODY!

“LON-GER HOURS!” “LON-GER HOURS!” “LON-GER HOURS!”

10 Likes

Morning

• 10:30 AM
  • 11:30 AM

Afternoon

• 12:30 PM
  • 2:30 PM
  • 3:30 PM
  • 4:30 PM

… wh…

… how th…
… are you kidding me!?

8 Likes

Looks like no plans for LON-GER HOURS! LON-GER HOURS! at this time.

Sorry dude.

1 Like

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING ALL THE EFFORT PUT INTO PANDORA AND LIGHTING THE REST OF THE PARK IF YOU KICK EVERYONE OUT PRIOR TO SUNSET?!!?!?!?

Seriously!!!

14 Likes

I do agree with you!!!

4 Likes

To frustrate the masses.

(apparently it’s working)

6 Likes

It’s really frustrating.

5 Likes

See? It’s working!

3 Likes

It is frustrating!! Why can’t I see the tree lit up? Why? Why?! WHY!!!?? :rage: :sob: :confounded:

13 Likes

Combinig two topics I was just mentioing on chat my one bad experience with ride share was waiting halfway down a dark deserted AK parking lot for my Uber after jumping in line for FOP at park close. The driver was fine. The waiting and being picked up alone in the dark at 10:00 creeped me out.

And then I thought, “wow, AK used to stay open until 9:00!”

So my AK warning about the rideshare pick up spot was actually pointless.

3 Likes

When we were there at Christmas the lanterns in Asia took my breath away at night. Beautiful.

They should add more of these lighting effects and open snack and wine booths around the park, after 5:00. Steal from Epcot and get a wine garden evening thing going at AK.

8 Likes

I 100% support this idea!

When I saw them on a solo trip (January 2020) I had that same reaction. Absolutely breathtaking. I remember thinking - just when I thought this park couldn’t get any more beautiful.

3 Likes

I LOVE this idea. Definitely throw in some food too. More exotic fare than you’d find in Epcot.

The lanterns are what solidified AK being my 2nd favorite park at night (MK still being first cause: castle.). Then Epcot then HS.

The whole place is awesome at night. I wish we could get back to them in all the parks.

6 Likes

I have an entire vision now - you can even close of the path to Africa at the Bridge and at Mr. Kamal’s food truck, close off Dinoland at Nemo and the bridge. They aren’t the best lands at night and it would help operating costs.

More lanterns. Rivers of light flowers lighting up the lagoon. Food and drinks that are more exotic then Epcot - use existing food stall but level them up.

Heck, make it a summer thing since that’s when the days are long.

5 Likes