Checking Every Day?

This was never shown to be true. Someone grabbed a screen cap that is no longer there. There is no confirmation at all that what they saw is what will be. Still waiting…

Also, a little bit more than a little unethical, I think, for an agency to put out there that they “can confirm” that it will happen — so hurry up and book your room with them today! Nothing is confirmed. And saying so to drum up business is sketch of them

5 Likes

True about the marketing.
To be fair, I don’t run anywhere unless I’m being chased, lol. So I never paid attention to see if there was a follow up.

3 Likes

Still checking - if are they cleaning rooms daily. As someone who makes her bed every day - I don’t want to make my bed on vacation. I know, first world problem … but still checking. :grimacing:

1 Like

No. And honestly, they may never again.

I was just listening last week to an old Disney Dish podcast from 2018 where Disney had a problem with what? Yes, a shortage of Mousekeeping staff. It’s a chronic problem they have had for years and Covid just made it worse. At least back in 2018 one of the issues was Disney wasn’t paying quite as much as some other Orlando area resorts/hotels but I think even back then there were simply more jobs out there than people willing to fill them.

So we’ll see what happens going forward but I wouldn’t expect Mousekeeping to go back to the way it was.

3 Likes

The optional daily Mousekeeping for DVC members is going away.

1 Like

I hoping that this is it.

2 Likes

Not cleaning daily yet. We have been here for a week so far and only one bed make-up/new linens. I don’t like it either. Trash has been taken more often of course.

1 Like

My DH fwd this to me and I looked at it as very misleading. I told him there is NO “waiting list” but I’d try again to reinstate his AP that lapsed Jan 2020. After being on hold for 20 min. the CM confirmed that it’s a NO go

How To Buy A Walt Disney World Annual Pass Right Now (wdw-magazine.com)

I want this back too and it will be frustrating if they don’t and charge the same prices.

We stayed at the GF in the beginning of May. I took out my own trash every morning (to a trash can, others left it in the hallway which I find kind of gross).

One morning, my DD2 spilled milk on the bed. We called MouseKeeping and they told us that they would only drop off new linens. I had already stripped the bed and was hoping they would be able to make it while we were in the park. I was disappointed but understood.

I did leave a polite note and a tip, and not only was our children’s bed made, the whole room was made up. That made my day, but something like this would have been previously handled better.

We are also a family of morning bed makers and make our hotel beds every morning as well.

I really want MouseKeeping back, and Minnie Vans!

3 Likes

Hey, wanted to give a shout out to @len b/c he seems to have become a regular on my local evening news broadcast News-6 (central FL). Mr. Tesla has been featured talking about all things Disney recently over a few days. Nice job!!! And while I want you to be successful I don’t want the secret sauce of TPs out in the gen pop :wink:

6 Likes

https://touringplans.com/blog/big-changes-to-disneys-magical-express-for-upcoming-vacations/

2 Likes

Oh my lord. We can’t even confirm anymore.

DME is to future vacationers the way I am about work these last few days: outta here losers!

2 Likes

And Mears Connect seems to be shockingly behind schedule.
(Sarcasm folks.)

1 Like

And in other breaking news for people visiting in 2022,

6 Likes

As long as the bus is there when I arrive at MCO at 10:30pm on August 20, I don’t care. Just get me to ASMo! :joy:

4 Likes

We need some announcements, Disney!
It’s too quiet…

5 Likes

Last week was the same. A big flood of stuff on Tuesday, and then basically crickets the rest of the week :-/

1 Like

I have been at the Boardwalk three nights. Tonight, ESPN And Flying Fish signs are lit up. CMs are telling guests that everything will be open wit the inn side. Also CMs are saying that the Atlantic Dance Hall will be open Friday and Saturday nights.

11 Likes

I hope FF opens before you leave!!! :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Ok … so …what does this mean?
Ever since they stopped handling luggage- was there a reason for mailIng a confirmation?
Wait!
Thinking this through …
The only time I needed a paper confirmation for ME was boarding from the resort BACK to the airport.

1 Like