Check in here...if you have a non DVC reservation post park opening

I am referring to the chart in the link I posted. It says it adds to their cash bookings since they have points after ROFR and can “rent” them. Isn’t that what the chart states?

1 Like

Yep just had a look at that. My bad.

I’ll be very surprised if non-DVC resorts wait until 2021 to reopen. It would mean very, very low demand for rooms, or Disney being very afraid of cleaning those rooms. DVC accounts for 5,000 of the ~26,000 Disney-owned rooms on site.

6 Likes

I am becoming increasing concerned, and excited, by how many points I will have late 2021-2022. When I cancelled my September BWV standard studio (I need to type that out because I worked so hard for that booking) I realized I will not be going to Disney in 2020. It’s been a very long time since that has happened.

1 Like

Have a mid November stay for POFQ booked. We are still very much in wait and see mode. This will be an adults only trip and we are giving ourselves until the end of September to make a final go/no go decision based on COVID rates. Would welcome an upgrade to DVC if Disney wants to foot the bill for the difference :grinning:. The only communication we’ve received in the last two months have been the surveys to gauge our level of commitment to still coming and the email about making our park reservations on Monday.

Have 3 nights booked for late Aug at Pop. No communication yet but will report back if i hear anything

I have an Aug 9 booking at Pop and also have heard nothing. It’s the third in back to back to back bookings I have late July/early August and we will only use it if the 7/30 booking blows up somehow (too many can’t go for football and college reasons).

I did see this tidbit quoted from a CM by someone who posted on DTB:
“the total number of people eligible to make park reservations is less that 20% of the allowed park capacity“ - not sure if they meant on 6/22 or altogether but I am feeling reassured by this in terms of pressure to book parks right away.

1 Like

We have club level at boardwalk inn. Technically DVC resort but on hotel side.

I have 3 on MDE right now. I already took the credit from David’s DVC rental for June 24-June 30, but it’s still on MDE. At some point in the last 2 weeks, it moved from AKL-Jambo and now it says AKL-Kidani.

I have July 24-July 30 at YC. No word on this one.

I have the last week of August booked at Gran Destino through the MVT rate. No word on that one either.

We booked a FW Cabin for 7/30-8/7, a package with 8 day non-hoppers. I seemed to pick the right resort and the right tickets (for once) as I expect no changes will need to be made. I am not sure if we will go- hoping to go to Disneyland instead, have tickets and onsite room but the Cali government is taking a very long time to actually approve the parks to open. So far DTD, PPH, and GCH are approved to open, but we wouldn’t go without the parks being open. So, if DL is out then WDW might be in. I will book our days on Monday, but won’t pay off the package until closer to 7 days out, not 30. I am going with the flow either way, I would love a little Disney this summer.

1 Like

If you go I’ll see you there! FW 7/30-8/5.

1 Like

This screenshot was just posted from the CM Hub to the Dis.

4 Likes

Interesting. Thanks

Currently have a porfq stay planned in October and December.

Why would they be moving DVC from Jambo? Does that stop in the 10th?

Yay! If this is true, this is good news for a lot of people!

2 Likes

I would assume it will stop from people arriving from 10th onward. For dvc guests. The CM that posted it said that AKL hotel guests might still get moved.

oh… this is promising… my Jamba House Res in Sept looks like it’s still on.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

1 Like

Thank you for this…very interesting. Now weighing whether to try for 2 Pop rooms instead of FW cabin. Lots of pros and cons! I wonder when said booking will begin?