Check in here...if you have a non DVC reservation post park opening

Len just posted on chat that for now there will no virtual queues. The reasons to cancel just keep growing. But, I am committed to seeing this through until I know for certain to which resort we will be moved. If nothing else, I will be gathering information for everyone else!

3 Likes

I read his article again.

I think the CM quotes are simply extrapolating that only DVC resorts will be open for the rest of the year.

He literally says that only those plus Fort Wilderness will open on July 11th. And some people have been moved to a DVC resort. And that some who have reservations after park opening have not been called.

If he’d bothered to check he’d find zero reports of anyone with a reservation starting July12th onwards having got a call. Some have been moved because of NBA or MLS I believe, but that is a separate issue IMO.

So as I said, from

Only DVC resorts and FW will be open for the period up to July 11th

with no further announcements he’s made a leap to a conclusion of

Only DVC resorts will be open for the rest of the year.

Total 100% click bait :roll_eyes:

Edited: slightly mis-read but still not proof.

2 Likes

I might have been afraid of it myself, but seeing that Universal hasn’t really needed the virtual lines very much other than Hagrid’s, maybe crowd levels will be low enough it won’t matter.

2 Likes

We have 2 rooms at POFQ for early December. I spoke to a CM yesterday witg a few questions, and she said to just leave my park hopper tickets for now. They have not been told anything about what resorts might be open by the end of the year. All they know is what will be open in the very near future.

I have Pop 10/23-10/29. Still a ways out so I haven’t heard anything yet!

AKL Jambo for July 16-20. No word from them and MDE still shows the Jambo res and that my magic bands will be shipped to me. I’m going to reschedule when that opens next week. Nothing about this experience is even remotely tempting to keep it.

How do you figure the late September thing?

I have a DVC rental reservation for May 2021 that is still pending … so I’m guessing I will have to wait until 6/28 to book my park reservations. Hoping they won’t be gone immediately! Our stay starts on 5/28/21 so even if we got our villa right at the 11-month mark we would have no advantage over “everyone else.” I tried to book a placeholder stay yesterday but they weren’t accepting reservations after I think January 2021.

Edit: I don’t know that they are even taking new reservations before January 2021, but when I went to search for a room, all dates in 2021 were blacked out.

I have a one night reservation at POR in mid Aug, no park tickets. This has been the musical chairs of reservations - upgrade, no upgrade, maybe upgrade again? Who knows!

I have July 16-20 at Pop Century and haven’t heard anything. I did have a July 3-5 scheduled at Contemporary and got the email for that one, was moved to 1 bedroom BLT. I asked about my other July trip and was told emails would be going out “soon” but she didn’t know which hotels would be open.
I was able to do the online checkin for Pop last week, fwiw.

Late September is the start of Fall Frenzy and DVC availability is already patchy. Which means unless there are cancellations.thee won’t be a lot of unbooked inventory for Disney to use.

1 Like

What do you mean by pending? Do you have a reservation number or are you waiting for it to be booked?

It must be linked in order to be able to book park reservations on Monday.

But if you have APs or tickets, you can book as of Friday or Sunday respectively.

1 Like

Disney will not be able to use general DVC open inventory until within 30 days anyways? They only have access to about 25% of the rooms (other than Riviera) at more than 30 days?

1 Like

It’s more than 11 months so I have submitted a request to David’s but it can’t be fulfilled until it’s within 11 months and they have inventory and they have points. So it could be a while before I have an actual reservation.

We have tickets (not APs) so we can book Sunday.

1 Like

60 days out is when they can use any unbooked inventory I think.

And they only own 2-3% of points, no where near 25%, other than at Riviera. DVC had actually declared a further batch of Riviera just before lock down, which is unfortunate for both DVC (because there have been no sales happening) and Disney (who could have done with more inventory.

1 Like

I believe breakage starts at 60 days.
But yes, they maintain an interest in every dvc resort, and they have access to points cashed in for cruises and non dvc stays.

Yes, for some reason I saw 2% as 25. I guess I should be using my glasses,

I wonder how many points they have from ROFR before the closure?

I have pop in late august. Haven’t heard anything. I did do an online chat with a cast member yesterday quickly about this.
my question was worded " if my resort does not open when my vacation comes and you switch me to a deluxe resort will I have to pay the difference in price?"
the response was " well it would be modifying a reservation, so yes you would have to pay the difference"
I will take it for what it is now. I’m not changing dates or contacting disney unless they contact me. I also told him if thats true than that is terrible.
Who knows if this cast member even knows what their talking about.
If that rumor is true then I’d have to cancel for certain. I can’t afford to shell out a few thousand dollars for that…

ROFR is DVC taking back pounts. Not Disney.

Disney don’t have access to those.