Check in here...if you have a non DVC reservation post park opening

I don’t think they can start booking new stays until they get everyone moved from current hotels that remain closed.

My DS and DDIL are booked for POR, which isn’t listed…so they will need to be moved.

Promising since I have pop booked.
It also seems to go with my theory that they are going to push monorail/Skyliner resorts first to free up bus transportation…

although It would have been nice to be upgraded to a deluxe

1 Like

I have just received this same update direct from Disney.

Thank you!!! It’s a brand new day!

1 Like

Yes this is true

Is Jambo on your list?

Have CSR starting July 19. Only tickets we have are our original 7 day hoppers. No interest in this environment in using them…but can’t buy new at this time either. Just want a 4 day ticket and want to use the hoppers next year. CM this weekend claimed if I made reservations on Monday for a park, I was locked into using my 7 day tickets linked… Disappointing. Us going will hinge on where we get moved to and if we can get a 4 day base tickets.

Not sure if this has been brought up-couldn’t find it if it has-but once we reserve a park will we still be allowed to cancel/modify/reschedule our trip? We have the original “sun and fun” package or whatever it was called for end of July-early August. I’m going to reserve parks tomorrow hopefully, but I’m once again leaning toward delaying this trip until next summer. Any thoughts or ideas?

1 Like

I have to think the regular package or room only cancellation policy will still apply (7 days for package, 5 day for room only) and that you can still cancel. At least I hope that is the case because as the Florida cases are continuing to rise, I’d like to be able to still cancel if those trends don’t turn around

I would hope so, too.
I just read on another site that Pop and CBR will be open when we arrive on July 31. So, I’m assuming we will be moved from ASMovies to Pop but have not been contacted at all by Disney yet. Not sure the risk is worth it at this time. I could just as easily rebook and get Pop or upgrade to a moderate next summer if that’s we where we wanted to stay. Decision, decision!

Hmm. It looks like Disney is now saying if your resort is not listed as opening before your stay, you must call to modify it or else it will automatically cancelled within 7 days of the stay. So this implies there will no longer be free upgrades and changes.

So, my son is in POR. He can’t afford an upgrade, and would prefer just to downgrade to Pop so we are all in the same resort. Wonder how hard Disney is going to make this! He can call starting tomorrow to change his reservation. What if they say Pop is full??? Argh.

Is that in Disney’s site? If that is the case, and we have to pay to modify because All Stars are closed, we are out for sure for this summer.

Yes. Straight from Disney’s site.

Can you link?

Yeah. My wife is relooking it up and sending it to me to post. Give me a moment.

Where? I can’t find it?

I’m sorry, but that just doesn’t seem right. If they have decided not to open a resort, then they should suck up the pay difference to move you to another. This makes me worry about those who have park hoppers and can’t use them and a number of other scenarios that have been messed up with this pandemic. I get that the pandemic itself is not Disney’s fault, but decisions regarding what resorts should open should have been decided well before this. I can see why some people are cancelling and going to Universal instead.

1 Like

A couple of bloggers have posted over the last few days they were concerned because they had heard Disney might do this. They were unsure if they were just misunderstanding what they heard.

It is here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Thing is, you have to scroll way way way down to where it talks about modifications and cancellations, where you find this:

My wife searched to find this because AJ from DFBGuide mentioned it in her blog.

Yes. Jambo VILLAS to open 7/10

2 Likes