Casual Disney...A Wine & Dine Half Marathon (No Longer) Live-ishTrip Report

Everest has been down all day and Kite Tails is canceled, making all the other wait times start to stack up.
Just went to head to The Animation Experience and the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch is down too.

3 Likes

Enforced casual Disney… sorry the day isn’t quite so magical.

3 Likes

Too windy for kites. As we were leaving the park there was a flood of people entering. Everyone thought it was a good day to sleep in.

3 Likes

Just a bit behind you @lauren_alicia

6 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

That’s terrible!

Imagine getting stranded on the other end :flushed:

2 Likes

We watched the bird show and did a walk around to some of the shops. Put our name in for Nomad and then went to It’s Tough to be Bug. Got the table ready text shortly after we got out of that.
Had the Leaping Lizard and Jenn’s Tattoo

Bread service, Lobster Mac & Cheese, and the Tuna Bowl. The breads seemed incredibly salty today, but still good. The dishes were so good, though that tuna was spicy.

After that we decided to head back to the resort. My DM pretty quickly realized that she’s a little out of practice being in crowds of people (and there were a lot of people today), so we called it a day and headed back to the resort.
Not the most successful day ride-wise, but still a nice day.

12 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t know how long it ended up being down, but they truly had no idea how long it would be. I would be so mad if I was stuck out there.

2 Likes

Pre Race Dinner - the boat over from POR was a breezy ride!

10 Likes

Paddlefish was…disappointing. Like, they took dishes off the bill levels of disappointing. I know part of it is just staffing issues, but yikes.
I liked the restaurant itself though and would maybe give it another try if things get back to normal.

Disney Springs was crowded and it is just windy and cold here, so we only walked around a little bit before heading back to the resort. We will visit later in the week. I sound so whiny, but we really have had a good day!

7 Likes

Yikes. That’s upsetting. Not what you want for your pre-race dinner. :confused:

1 Like

Honestly, all restaurants at WDW since reopening have had paired down menus.

1 Like

She meant that they removed the meals from her tab because the experience was so poor.

3 Likes

Oh… well… that’s much better.

Erm… :thinking:

1 Like

adorable

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It means her meal was so incredibly bad that they didn’t even make her pay for part of it. Seems to me if you have a paired down menu you should excel at those few items and they couldn’t even do that.

3 Likes

I think it’s awesome that they didn’t make her pay for it! I wish WC hadn’t made us pay for the crap they served us.

and I agree

But DH and I have noticed that too many places are not doing well at this. I wonder if the paired down menus are supply issues too and not just fewer CMs.

2 Likes

It is a nice space and one of my faves. The pasta dish even looks awful. :grimacing:
Have a great race.

3 Likes

So I was walking back to my room from the lobby…and see a man out walking his dog. Totally normal, though is POR pet friendly?
Man walks past me and I watch him and cute four-legged friend go. Man has a blanket bunched up around his shoulders. Okay, it’s cold out.
There is a very long tail hanging down the man’s back. 🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️ Well that’s weird. Shoulder bundle is too small to be a kid in a costume. Lo and behold, a tiny little head pops out of the blanket. Dude had an actual ring-tailed lemur sitting on his shoulders wrapped in a blanket.
I did not have my phone on me to photograph :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes