Casual Disney...A Wine & Dine Half Marathon (No Longer) Live-ishTrip Report

I’ve been curious about this too since I’ve seen a few pet area signs at resorts. I assumed they were for service animals, but…

Q.

Do you have any pet-friendly hotels?

A.

Yes. As part of an ongoing pilot program, 4 of our Disney Resort hotels have designated dog-friendly accommodations, including:

These rooms have easy access to outdoor walkways for exercise and to green spaces with pet relief areas. Upon arrival, dogs and their owners will be greeted with a complimentary Pluto’s Welcome Kit.

At this time, dogs are the only pets allowed, with a maximum of 2 permitted per Guest room. Dogs are expected to be well-behaved, leashed in public areas and properly vaccinated.

While certain floors or sections of these Disney Resort hotels are designated as dog-friendly, the majority of areas remain canine-free to protect Guests with allergies. Other than service animals, dogs are not permitted in theme parks, water parks or common areas such as restaurants, pools and recreational spaces.

Dog-Friendly Disney Resort Hotels | Walt Disney World Resort

Whaaaaaaaat? That’s wild in every sense of the word!

5 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

Good morning! It is race day!

…and I am on a bus to the finish line. :disappointed_relieved: My left hip gave up on me about 8 miles in.
The weather seems like it is going to be beautiful today though!

15 Likes

My hip would have given out in eight seconds, so I would say you did pretty darn good.

4 Likes

Big hugs and huge props. 8 is no small feat!

3 Likes

I’m really sorry. I’ve never run further than 6.5k so I think 8 miles is a massive achievement.

2 Likes

After a lengthy visit with medical, I finally got headed back to the resort. I had to modify and cancel on my Ale and Compass reservation so I could shower and we could get checked out.
After checkout we hopped on the bus to DHS so we could transfer to the Skylines. Ale and Compass had walkup, so we were still able to eat there!
Our server Shane was excellent. I got The New Englander and the Salted Caramel French Toast and Truffle Fries. DM couldn’t decide so Shane chose for her, the Shrimp and Grits.
Food was very good, but it is very noisy in that space.

Now we are sitting at Pop, waiting for our room ready text. I had gotten my room assignment and it was not at all what I requested (but I also no longer wanted what I requested because walking is a challenge) They changed it for us, but our new room has not been turned over yet.

13 Likes

I do promise to come back and finish this trip report - I just had to throw out all the plans since I’m not moving around like I would prefer.

5 Likes

Supportive heart

1 Like

I have arrived home - and have to pack to move on Wednesday - so obviously I’m going to finish this trip report instead.
We finally got our room ready notification around 4:30pm. Oddly enough, it was the original room I had found and requested on the room finder! It was really a perfect room, close to transportation and on the second floor (elevator was needed for the most part for me).
After checking in, I needed a quick nap and icing of the hip before we headed over to Epcot for the post-race party. So, we weren’t getting there as early as I’d hoped (you can get into Epcot as early as 5pm for the 9pm party).
We arrived at Epcot around 6:45pm and had to jump in line at guest relations because I forgot my race party ticket and my mom’s ticket was behaving very oddly and wouldn’t scan. So, we were issued new 50th cards - which makes for a nice souvenir!

8 Likes

Post-Race Party / Space 220

Only four rides were going to be running after 9pm and we didn’t tap in until 7 and had an 8pm Space 220 reservation, so I had to quickly re-prioritize…and we made our way to Spaceship Earth.

This was my first time seeing my beloved golf ball in all its sparkly new glory…and I have to say I don’t love it. Parts of it are absolutely fantastic - but to me it just doesn’t hold the same charm. This was also my first trip with all the construction. Wowzers is that side of the park an absolute maze.
After our trip to Thank the Phoenicians, we headed off to Space 220.

We were whisked up to space in no time and seated pretty far off to one side - right along the windows. It was fine, there was still plenty to look at - but not the best view. I want to complain about something, but it might ruin things for other people and its stupid, so don’t click on this if you like to live in your own joy without a party pooper - you can see the stars through all the graphics that move across the screen and it DROVE ME CRAZY. Totally ruined the effect.
Our server was wonderful. The food was absolutely divine. My mom actually declared that her lemon mousse was the best dessert she’d ever had (she loves lemon).

Based on the pricing, I’m not sure I would eat here again…but I think she absolutely would. We took our time enjoying the meal - and didn’t rush the courses, so we missed all of Harmonious. We were completely stuffed - no better time to ride Test Track!

Test Track was a walk on and fun because we had a friendly competitiveness with the people in our car. As you can see, I’m an expert designer.

Then, it was off into the labyrinth to get over to Soarin’ . It was a long painful walk-on…so we only did it once. After that it was over to the other side of the park for the party. We skipped Frozen because the line was long and I was not getting around very well…we paused for a few villain photos and then jumped in the Remy line (which was our priority for the evening). It was a cute ride and I’m glad we got the chance to do it. Then, it was time to make the torturous walk back to the front of the park for the race buses. But, I got some good pictures on my way out!

11 Likes

Obviously! Priorities and all

(but how the heck are you going to do that with your hip…?)

GREAT photo! I’m not sure I love the new look but I do love it in this pic! (Oh I see you don’t love it either)

I read the blur in your Space 220 bit and maybe I don’t understand what you mean? I’ll PM you to ask further.

OMG love your Test Track car :laughing:

Great night photos :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

lunch yes, not dinner again, the price difference isn’t worth it.

Hollywood Studios
Because we were leaving Epcot so late - and I had already thrown all my plans out the window for the week…I gave my mom options. Option 1: We rope drop, as planned…get through a few rides and then come back to the hotel and take an afternoon break. Option 2: We sleep in and get to the park whenever we get there…and stay the whole day.
She chose option 2, so we turned off our alarms and slept in on our DHS morning.
We got up around 9:00, just in time to view the MASSIVE line to the Skyliner. The line extended past our building and well down towards the 50s buildings. We took our time getting ready and by the time we left our room, the line was completely gone. We tapped into DHS around 10:30 and got right in line at the Trolley Car Cafe.
She got the 50th Pineapple Mousse and I got the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie (and a christmas ornament) and took our drinks over to the HBD area seating to enjoy breakfast.

After a leisurely breakfast we wandered over to watch Lightning McQueen, which we’d never seen. Then, some shopping as we wandered our way to the Frozen Sing Along.
After that Muppets and a stroll through Galaxy’s Edge for some photos and onto Toy Story Land.

We wandered through Walt’s Gallery - but bailed before the Eternals preview. Snapped some statue photos and then waited for our 3:15 reservation at HBD (a tradition). It was very strange to have been in the park that long and have only done a couple of shows/rides.

Lunch was delicious, as always. Mom had the Shrimp Cobb Salad and I had the Shrimp and Scallops Newberg.

We always pick the best rides after we stuff ourselves full of foods…and so off to ride Star Tours we went. It was walk on, so we did it twice. Then, to TSMM. After that it was finally time to wait in a line and we headed to MMRR. We waited about 40 minutes - but again, it was a new ride for both of us. Very cute! After that we tried to go on Slinky Dog, Lines was calling it a 30 minute wait. What Lines didn’t know is that a VIP tour group (this is conjecture on my part) decided to ride it a bunch of times in a row…just them. After we watched Slinky go by 5 times with the same 6 or so people on it, we bailed on the line.
Time for Rise! On the way there we found the lightsaber photopass and took some photos, that one is a lot of fun! We waited in the Rise line for about 30 minutes (to the preshow) My mom had never ridden it and with no spoilers, she had an absolute blast. We got off the ride at 8:52 (park close at 9) and got right back in line. We walked on the second time - it was so fun getting to ride it back to back!
We had a 9:50 Oga’s reservation and so just enjoyed the mostly empty park until it was time to check in. Oga’s was pretty empty when we got to our reservation - but still a ton of fun. We were our server’s last table, so he chatted with us for awhile and just kind of hung out.
On our way out we took some empty park photos. Then a quick jump on the skyliner and to bed!

11 Likes

Riding Rise twice in a row! That’s amazing!

So sorry about your injury, but sounds like you made the best of it.

1 Like