Car Service Reviews 2023

I’d welcome any experiences with FL Tours as well as I have them booked to get us from and to the airport in June. The Unofficial Guide recommended them but I’d feel better if others also had positive experiences.

2 Likes

We used Orlando Transportation by Mike in July 2022 - $215 RT from MCO-Riviera. Great experience!

1 Like

Any recent info on Florida Town Car? Also, do you think using a car service is safer than ride share? Traveling with one child.

They are dependable and I believe they are cheapest options. Cars are older.

I have to say, I like Tony. I just don’t think he is a great driver. After my last ride with him I have been renting cars.

1 Like

LOL! Tony seems like a great person, but I have to agree with this. In my experience, he is not a speeder, but he seems distracted. Very personable and friendly guy, though. Has great stories.

2 Likes

Is Tony the owner/driver for Florida Towncar Service?

Yes. I guess his son drives sometimes, too.

Looking at list from 2023, I got a quote from Priceless for $102 round trip… too good to be true? Has anyone used them?

1 Like

Just did a quick search of Google and Yelp reviews. Yikes!

1 Like

Wow, that is cheaper than Florida Towncar.

1 Like

What about GearFusion?

1 Like

They are at $150 Round Trip, but seem to have a number of good reviews.

2 Likes

Take a look at Away We Go as well. We were very satisfied with them for our trip last year. We needed multiple booster chairs.

2 Likes

I also like Tony and had a great experience with him when my flight was super late. But on my third trip with him, we had to wait for him for 1/2 hour at the airport and he also picked us up from the hotel 1/2 hour later than had told us. I’ve just used Lyft my last couple trips.

5 Likes

We used GearFusion last December and had a great experience. We are using them again next week. I’ll update if it is any different.

3 Likes

We used Away We Go for our trip last week based on some of the recommendations I had read here. I thought they were great!

Our pick up driver was waiting at MCO when we arrived and stayed in contact with us via text as we made our way through customs, baggage pick up etc, and then directed us to our pick up location. Our driver was pleasant and engaging with the kids so it was a great start to the trip.

Our departure pick up arrived at 5:40am for our 5:45am scheduled pick up, which was amazing. I’m always so nervous with early morning departures, but our driver texted at around 5:30 to say she was on the way and almost to WL so I was able to relax.

I thought the communication was great and it was helpful that they provided direct contact numbers for the drivers once they were assigned. 10/10!

7 Likes

Glad you had a good experience!

2 Likes

Gear Fusion is up to $160 RT. I’m debating doing that or just trying my luck with Uber/Lyft. It’s just me and a child and wondering if I should cough up for the car service to avoid Uber Anxiety. What’s the right balance of safety and savings?

2 Likes

What is your concern with Uber? Is it car seat? Driver competence? Wait?

1 Like

None of the above. As I am typing I’m sure it’s all myth. Just want to get from A to B, or MCO to EP. Don’t need a car seat.

Making it from MCO to Disney quickly is a priority, not sure if the car service will be faster than ride share.

2 Likes