Car Service Reviews 2023

I used Orlando Transportation by Mike in Sept 2022.

I think I was in a black Escalade. The driver met me at the bottom of the stairs going to baggage claim holding a sign with my name. That was a first for me.

According to their website, they have some larger vans for big groups and car seats if you need them.

The driver helped in spotting my checked luggage on the carousel and carried the bag out to the vehicle.

A+ will use again

1 Like

This is a great option!!!

1 Like

We used a fairly new company for your Feb trip called Gear Fusion. Www.GearFusion.com.
They are also on FB and Instagram.

$120 ROUND TRIP from MCO to POR and back. New expeditions. Private charter.

Cannot say enough great things about their drivers and service.
I tipped them graciously.

8 Likes

@PrincipalTinker did you book your reservation online or phone call with Florida towncar service? Only reason I ask is that I filled out the form online but did not get any type of confirmation. Was that your experience? Should I call/text to confirm?

2 Likes

Tony is very old fashioned. I would call.

2 Likes

Thanks, I heard that about him and kind of figured I should have just called.

1 Like

I just booked with We Drive-You Fly for our trip late summer. Rate is $85 each way. Ian was very responsive when I messaged to ask about rates and a question regarding MCO pickup details. After using a private car service last year we won’t go any other way for MCO to WDW.

1 Like

Adding this here:

Thanks to @StylistSarah’s review, I decided to book Gear Fusion for our December trip. We were originally going to book the Mears bus to save some $ but our flight lands at 11:00pm and with the holiday crowds at the airport, we decided we wanted to book a private transfer. They were a good bit cheaper than other companies, probably due to being newer and wanting to build a customer base. Their website is a little lacking on info but I sent an email and they replied right away and gave lots of good info on their refund/cancellation/modification/delay policies.

1 Like

I hope you have a great experience. We loved them. I even decided to leave earlier and they switched times very easily.

Also, they have a new service where they will pick your bags up at bell service for you and then pick you up a different location (park, DS, etc)

1 Like

We used Away We Go for our trip and it was superb and a great value! Only ~$80 for a van (8 passengers plus luggage) each leg of the trip for ~$190 total including fuel surcharge and tip (included in invoice). We traveled from MCO > Portofino and from Portofino > BCV. The drivers contacted us a couple of hours beforehand with instructions and we could text them for updates. Very responsive. Stress-free experience. Would definitely recommend.

1 Like

That’s who we used for our trip this past week. I can also give a positive recommendation for them! They were only $20 more than taking Mears for us, which was definitely worth it for being able to leave when we wanted and not having to do multiple stops. The SUV was very clean, and Markela was one of the smoothest drivers I’ve ever ridden with. (I had a service in NY that left me carsick.) Communication was easy. Would definitely book them again!

2 Likes

How much is Gear Fusion and how big is your party? I assume it’s an SUV rather than a van?

1 Like

It’s $190 round trip for our family of 5. We are getting the large SUV and it can take up to 6 people. $20 of that is for a late night charge for our arrival, so in normal circumstances it would have been $170. A nice perk is that they meet at baggage claim with a sign and help get the luggage to the car.

2 Likes

Yay, happy to hear another good review! Last time we used Cast and Crew who we loved but their prices continue to go up due to their popularity. We saved $60 booking with Gear Fusion over Cast and Crew.

2 Likes

Ok so that’s comparable to $190 for Away We Go, though ours was a van and they did not meet at baggage claim, maybe those two aspects offset each other.

I priced out Away We Go and it was $265 including the tip. Ours will be $230 with tip so a bit cheaper. It does look like AWG is cheaper for Universal though!

1 Like

I am so glad you have all had such great luck with Gear Fusion! It looks like their prices have increased since my last trip in Feb, but yes, still cheaper than any of the other private charters! And I much prefer that to a charter bus.

3 Likes

Gear Fusion is not cheaper than Florida Towncar?

1 Like

Gear Fusion was $180 for us (5 people in an SUV). When I checked a few weeks prior, it was going to be $160, so I think the price increases the closer you are to your dates. I did not check FL Towncar pricing so I don’t know how it compares.

1 Like