Car Service Reviews 2023

I really loved the older towncar from Florida Towncar. It was just my husband and me, and the car gave me vibes of my Grandpa’s car from way back. Tony was very proud of his car having over 300K miles! I kinda felt like a low-key ganster in it, the mafia kind.

Tony stopped at the grocery store for us for free because he had about 30 min to kill before doing another pickup. That was super nice. He also gave us about a 10% discount bc we are military. His daughter is active duty (she may be getting out, not sure) so he is very military-supportive.

Tony is a character, and if your kids have never met a New Yorker type of personality, I’d recommend for that alone lol.

I plan to book him for our upcoming trip in June.

5 Likes

We used Mears in late January both ways. Drivers were wonderful and on time. We only needed a booster for DD5 but they came with an assortment of child seat options which i appreciated.

1 Like

Putting this here as an option:

The last time I used a car service in the Disney area was 2012 but some of the companies are still operating.

At that time there were many reports of paying for round trip only to be stranded at return to MCO time.

Because of that and because I couldn’t clearly decide between two companies in particular, I booked one for pickup from Amtrak. Booked the other one to be transported back to the station. Both companies got custom and we knew we had a ride.

1 Like

The Magical Express- car service, not old Disney bus service (despite similar name). Great experience in Feb. 2023. Great communication from drivers both ways, clean vehicles with movies playing inside for the kiddos, and car seats provided. We paid $125 each way for a large SUV and then sprinter

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! That sounds worth a look for my circumstances.

1 Like

Did I mentioned that although Florida Towncar has older cars, they have a relatively new van (I am unsure if it was 6 or 8 passengers)

3 Likes

Ooh I’ll have to check with them. I need an 8-seater.

We had a bad experience with Orlando Shuttle Service. No one was there to pick us up (which was especially annoying because I had hyped the personal driver thing to the family), and no one answered the phone. They accused us of not being there…very strange. Took multiple calls to get the refund (they kept promising it had been processed).

1 Like

When was this?

1 Like

I don’t see any prices on their website. Do you remember how much it was? I ask because they say they are a cheaper option.

1 Like

The Orlando Shuttle Service I posted is an aggregator that gives rates for other service providers, including Priceless and Mercado. Did you use a different provider actually called Orlando Shuttle Service, or do you remember if you were referred to a third party?

December 2022

2 Likes

Roundtrip for family of 5 was $126 (private SUV) - I definitely picked it because it was cheaper…lesson learned.

1 Like

Yep, it was the aggregator. The service was supposed to be with Priceless, but we had to deal with Orlando Shuttle Service - Priceless wouldn’t talk to us.

1 Like

I went ahead and requested Away We Go based on @FOMOm_VA recommendation, pricing, and availability of 8-person van (they can seat from 2-11 people for a flat rate). There is still time for me to cancel / not pay if anyone has any other feedback!

I will let everyone know how things go with Away We Go.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll add ace luxury to the list. Don’t use away we go for cruises. They won’t wait if you disembark late.

Also awg will drop your bags at bell services for an extra $20. Weve done it once and are doing it again Thurs. They’re dropping us at DS then our bags at BC so we can make our 2pm Lego minifig appt

3 Likes

Let me know if everything goes smoothly on Thursday! It’s always nice to have two reviews from the same person for a particular service.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple dozen clients use them and love them, too

1 Like

Good to know!