Can We Talk About Airport Transportation Options?

Also, just updating my notes:

@dianelynn
:white_check_mark: MDE
:white_check_mark: accounting/tax questions
:x: directions

Thank you for helping me keep my Liner profiles spreadsheet up to date.

11 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Also - you can add Business and Life Coach. may as well make the list complete :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, Mears literally took over the area Magical Express used to use.

I’m going with Mears in August - it was $2 less expensive round-trip for some reason. Which I know is nothing in the great scheme of things, but… I had no issues with them getting to the resort on the 15th. Didn’t try them heading back. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I’ve done sunshine flyer once, Mears twice. Mears was much better for me. Sunshine flyer you wait outside, so it was about 20 minutes standing outside next to smokers. They gave me the option of a party bus or I could wait longer for a train bus. Only one person was dressed in the train outfit, most were wearing polos. Everyone was nice though.

Coming back about 20 minutes before pickup I had 9 missed calls from a 407 number. No voicemails. (My phone sends non contacts direct to voicemail.) I called the number back. They answered hello, no sunshine flyer, how can I help you. Turns out it was my driver 20 minutes early. Glad he called instead of leaving but I was perturbed he was early and blamed me for not being ready. But dude leave a voicemail or send me a text. Another party bus, not a train.

Sunshine flyer is more expensive, and made me stand outside in the heat breathing smoke. I like how Mears sends me a text to watch my driver so I knew when they were arriving at my resort.

I’ve booked Mears again for next week.

ETA: the MCO spot was very unorganized. We were also getting picked up with hotel pickups and others. A bus would pull up and no one k ow who was supposed to get on.

4 Likes

Apple or android? If apple, please share how I create this setting? Thx!!

Are the cancellations with the Mears Connect service?

Not sure, sorry

But to me it’s all one parent company so if there’s a problem I blame that whole thing if that makes sense

1 Like

I have to make transportation decisions for my July trip and I am stuck.

I loved Quicksilver in January. It was quick, they met me at baggage claim and had a stop at a store to pick up some bottled iced tea for the room. The return trip was good as well.

Problem, it was $$$ and the cost went up.

Friend and I are arriving together on the same flight on a Thursday morning. Friend is returning late Monday morning to MCO, I am returning on Tuesday evening.

I would love to have some bottled iced tea for the room, but I don’t think it is worth an extra $100+.

Decisions, decisions.

The only ones I’ve heard of have been with the pricier semi-private service.

1 Like

There is also the tendency to want to help the newbies get a leg up.

No not from this girl.

I was not recommending Sunshine Flyer to anyone at the outset. I wanted to see what they could do first. Now I am recommending them to everyone

3 Likes

Apple:

Settings
Phone
Silence Unknown Callers

The only problem is when my kids need to call me from a friend’s phone. They now know to text me first so I can add the friend to my contacts.

Edit: removing an errant apostrophe :woman_facepalming: And then I edited again to add one that belonged. Sheesh!

2 Likes

You’re staying at FQ right? I have a Garden Grocer order coming. If you want to look at their selection and there’s any iced teas you want, I’m happy to add it to my order. I can leave it at Bell Services the night before you arrive.

3 Likes

That would be amazing!! I was looking at the delivery services and thought it a bit ludicrous to pay $20-$30 extra to have two $6 six packs of tea delivered!

I will look and message you!

4 Likes

We booked a private Mears SUV for round trip to/from the airport for our trip last week. It was awesome and will probably be my default as long as it continues to be good. My DDs’ and my plane landed at 12:40 AM, 40 minutes late. But no problem. The driver texted me that he was there and met us at baggage claim. We had no checked luggage so headed straight out to the vehicle. It was a very clean, late model SUV complete with a DVD playing for my girls. There was a booster and a car seat in vehicle both directions, although we just needed the booster. We were walking in to the Dolphin at 1:25.
Return trip different driver but same service, texted ahead of time to let us know they were on the way and very nice vehicle. No movie this time. The poor driver had to put up with DD5 having a tantrum partway there because her headphones had broken. Thank goodness for the AV shop in the airport or it might have been an awful flight! But again a great reliable safe ride.

Mears allows cancel/change up to 4 hours before pickup without penalty.
After learning what I have about Quicksilver I wanted a company I was sure I could rely on, and Mears came through.

3 Likes

We used Mears to/from POFQ. No issues whatsover. They used to run the magical express so it was like old times for us.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: Secretly gives you life-coaching and pretends you figured stuff out all by yourself

5 Likes

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Don’t the seats go down though?

Any recent car service experiences? I’m leaning toward hiring a private car. Also how early should Aimee serve?