Can anyone lend me some money?

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

I will say this, I wouldn’t be considering this just to go to all the parks. Especially with nothing more than VIP show viewing and meals offered in the parks (am I missing VIP tours of the non US parks?).

Like others have said, I could just do it myself for less.

I would be doing this solely for the “security” Disney (and NatGeo) provide. A roaming bubble, so to speak. (I see what I did there)

Plus, traveling with a physician is kinda cool. I still haven’t forgotten my food poisoning at WDW :flushed::nauseated_face::woozy_face::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

It’s funny you say that. My in-laws did a trip like this, I think through A&K or Tauk, and it was kind of a running joke that pretty much everyone on board was a couple including at least one retired physician (themselves included).

This also pegs the target market pretty well IMO - they are what I like to call ‘lower-upper class’. It’s a big jump from there to owning your own plane, for example, but they have the time and savings to do this type of trip on occasion.

1 Like

There was a joke someone told me when I was living in FL. Don’t be the guy who owns the boat. Be the guy who’s friends with the guy that owns the boat.

I was getting quotes to charter a jet for our last WDW trip and I received prices of $35k-$75k from either Vegas or Chicago to Orlando. And that was before fuel skyrocketed. (We flew first class instead)

It’s funny you say a lot of physicians do these type of tours, but it makes sense. Though I was talking about the actual onboard physician (and personal chef) that travels with the plane.

I’ve been trying to get DH to do Adventures by Disney for years, but the trips are either too short or there’s no “good” internet connection. I think this finds a way around both.

We never had a honeymoon and our 20th is 2 years away. I think I actually have a shot at this :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m familiar with that expression as well!
Also various takes on:
‘The second best day of my life was when I bought my boat’
‘What was the first?’
‘The day I sold my boat’

But it sounds like this would be an amazing trip for you and I selfishly hope you take it so I can read the report!

2 Likes

Effin Brilliant!!!

2 Likes

Right!!!

2 Likes

For what this trip offers, honestly the pricing isn’t terrible.

However for me the issue is the schedule. I suspect I would crash around day 12!

Also the seats aren’t lay-flat.

The thing is, IF you know the right people a lot of that “exclusive” stuff can be arranged.

It’ll be interesting to see which influencers or vloggers go on this!

3 Likes

I think by ordinary human beings i meant salaried workers. Business owners who grind til something sticks and enjoy the stickage are different. Oh, and so are liners. We can disney math almost anything.

My friends that won 750k? Yeah they took tbe top prize in the tournament, a toral of 3.5m, on the boat they bought when they sold a super profitable part of the family business. So, ya know, i sent her the link :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Retired is key. DH is in a high earning specialty and there aint no way. Maybe in 20 years? But prob not because we didnt start w a nest egg like most docs we know (second or third gen, whereas none of our parents went to college).

I also suspect that his salary will go down, not up as time goes on. Back in the day guys that worked long hours in his field pulled in seven figures easy. Now that’s not possible unless it’s some auper rural job with call every night that no one will take or stay in unless they offer that much.

We ARE on our med cruise on the Magic right.now which feels pretty darn bougie though i am doing the entire trip for less than the cost of just the cruise bkz of.agent benefits. We jet skied the islands around dubrovnik today, and though i got a decent discount, it’s still.something i wouldnt have consided paying for 5 years ago.

We have friends who do an ABD every year, but theyre maybe 10 years ahead of us medicine wise. We could afford an abd, but for that same amount of money for 1 trip ive done like 4 big trips alrdady this year… keys, iceland, wdw/dcl and med dcl. More trips = better

10 Likes

YAAAAAY!

I’m so happy you guys were able to go!!

Enjoy your time and we’ll see you real soon!

4 Likes

The problem with someone paying me 7 figures would be that I would only do the job 1-2 years and then retire. :joy: I am a simple man and just need enough for Disney and a couple other modest trips a year and I am set.

9 Likes

I bounce back and forth.

I want the security of the bubble, but with a low key pace, and I heard ABD is run until you drop from exhaustion.

I was just looking at the SoCal option, just to get our toes wet, and I’m seeing 6 am starts. Um. No.

Why does Disney hate sleep?

4 Likes

I was too. So was DH. It’s a slippery slope.

4 Likes

I looked into that too, but oof. No thank you.

1 Like

The California one that does all the backstage Walt Disney stuff is on my bucket list. The main issue is that none of my family members are interested in doing it w/ me …at least not for the amount of money it costs.

I would be willing to be ready at 6am if I can go hang at the studios. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Which is where I ended up late last night.

I am seriously all over the place.

3 Likes

2 Likes

a-are there more rich people than I was lead to believe my whole life?

I thought it was to be “1%” not “…Everyone but @Randall1028.”

6 Likes

I mean the upper 1% of just Americans would be 3.3M folks. Presuming this is limited to ~100 seats, DIS only needs to capture 0.003% of that 1% to sell out like they did. And that’s presuming only Americans were going, opening it up to the world and it is even easier to sell out…

That said - I too am impressed/surprised they sold out THAT fast…

3 Likes