Can anyone lend me some money?

and then ya gotta factor in teh number of those who would be die hard disney fans enough to drop 6 figures (multiplied by at least 2 because it’s 100k /pp) on this.

AND already had the money ready to go because this was announced only 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Or a credit card with a super high limit.

1 Like

Was DIS expecting someone to pay in full today to reserve their spot? Or is it just a low down payment? That could bring in a bunch of optimists that expect to have the money by the time the final bill comes due…

Looks like the deposit is only $5K per. $20K per is due in November & then the balance due in March. $5K isn’t a crazy amount to have on hand today…

1 Like

ah. I didn’t see that part. I admit i didn’t read all that closely once i saw $100,000/pp. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Same - but I decided to a deep dive today out of curiosity given the sell out. The payment details are buried on a terms & conditions page. Note that a cancellation today costs you $2500 per and on July 9th that bumps to the full $5K deposit. Starting January 11th, you can be on the hook for a $25K cancellation fee! Can you imagine paying $25K to not go on vacation? :scream:

7 Likes

Ouch!

Nnnnnnnnope.

I can’t even fathom spending $25k to GO ON vacation! Lol :joy:

7 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

All I’ll say is it is expensive to have kids.

5 Likes

Isn’t that the truth?! Not that anyone would trade it, but cost does multiply exponentially with each one it seems.

1 Like

You’re saying you spend, routinely, $25K to go on vacation?

I’m trying to math that out and even going “nuts” at Disney, I’m still maxing out around $15K for a family of 4 for a week (5 nights). Now, obviously that adds the longer you’re there, but even if you’re staying in a $800/night room, plus $200/pp per day in food, plus $200/pp per day for a souvenier… that’s still “only” (hah) $13,600 before travel.

What’s the other $10K going to?

1 Like

Not routinely, but WDW gets me close, which is one reason we only go every other year. Using round numbers for my family of 6:

Airfare 6 X $500 = $3,000
Hotel 7 nights x $700 = ~$5,000
UOR tickets 6 x $500 = $3,000
WDW tickets 6 X $500 = $3,000
Food 6 x $50/day x 7 days = ~$2,000
TOTAL = $16,000

If we stay two weeks and bring helpers to watch our kids it’s not hard to hit $25,000. DVC actually helps quite a bit with this equation. Airfare is tough - I wish I had a DVC equivalent for airfare.

6 Likes

mmmmhmmmm so we’re back to

Everyone [is rich] but @Randall1028:rofl:

6 Likes

*was (before going to Disney) LOL

3 Likes

*would be if not for the kids

DH and I have on occasion mathed out what these two kids cost us per year just for their educational and sport-of-choice needs. It’s, um, staggering.

And we only have two :flushed:

But they’re (usually) worth it

3 Likes

yyyyyyeah you guys are really sellin’ the sizzle over here.

6 Likes

Right? Reasons I currently plan to stick to cats :rofl:

5 Likes

I find imaginary kids to be far more beneficial. Cause then you can buy them the latest toys!

Like lightsabers!

Cats you still have to “feed” and “take care of medically”

8 Likes

Well yes. But they stay home on vacation and only cost me $35/day vs airfare and tickets and food and souvenirs.

Do imaginary kids = buying stuff that’s really for you and pretending it’s for some kid somewhere? :joy:

4 Likes

Absolutely. Everyone is different and can choose their own interests, hobbies, pursuits, etc. But for me there is nothing I value more than my relationship with my kids. I know @QwertySC thinks we should have more, but 4 is enough for us! :joy:

7 Likes

of course not! That’s insane.

The pretend-kid lives where I live. And likes all the things I like .

And never misbehaves, always the perfect little angel.

4 Likes