Breaking News: Crazy West Coasters go to Florida in the middle of a Global Pandemic: Otherwise known as a good old fashioned Trip Report

Thanks for taking us along!!

2 Likes

Wait until my trip report inSeptember :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If I were you I would do WDW now and reschedule DLR when things are more certain. A bird in the hand …

Oh, and sorry @Wahoohokie for hijacking your trip report! :joy:

7 Likes

Yeah… this has been my thinking since I made my peace about not going in Sept.

I’m still kicking myself for not going after SW:GE opened and they had 6am openings that no one attended.

@Wahoohokie - I’m sorry too! Can’t wait to read your report!

3 Likes

I hope to be at DL at the end of September/beginning of October. My AP expired July 11, now that pass is going to get me at least 2 more trips, if they ever get to open.

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

No need to be sorry, it’s just a travel day so nothing better to do than discuss Disney!
We are going to UOR first, won’t be at WDW until sometime Thursday.

5 Likes

She might as well get used to it. :rofl: So few reports, so little opportunity for shenanigans.
Think of all the rabbit holes a @Randall1028 trip report travels down. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I hope you can get to DL in October. Nice to have that WDW trip in May on the books too. I’ve got to believe that by then, some headway will have been made with those whole covid thing.

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Don’t be surprised if I try to be a stowaway in your checked bag.

4 Likes

Super jealous! Don’t forget to tell us about UOR!

My debate is - I’ve had a solo trip “Do It ALL - 10 FULL days in park” - including MVMCP, EMM, DAH and all the dining my picky eating family won’t try for the 50th planned for more than a year now w/ about 490 more days to go.

If I go ASAP while crowds are low that’s going to be a third of my budget… (Don’t get me wrong, I can always save again, but it would be a headache.)

However, who know if crowds will ever be this low again?? Plus, all the construction for 50th is soooo far behind. Will Tron and GotG be open in 2021? All the Epcot stuff is now postponed indefinitely / cancelled - so that isn’t a reason to wait for 2021.

Oh well… just venting. I guess I need to wait until I get home & “just jokingly” bring it up to DW and see if she gives me the “you’re being FOMO / stupid” look… :roll_eyes::thinking::face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Can’t wait to read your take on everything. I hope it’s a great grad trip for DD18, and just plain fun for you and DS.

4 Likes

You made me go dig out the pic of DD20 with her graduation ears in 2018! This is at DLR. You won’t be seeing crowds like that at MK on this trip!

15 Likes

CA Governor… don’t hold your breath Because Anaheim has most of Orange County cases. But things can change quickly.

2 Likes

We made it to Orlando just fine, and are now checked into the Hard Rock Hotel and waiting for dinner here at The Kitchen. MCO was fine, but I wouldn’t want to stay too long. Mask usage was much less than anywhere else we were today.
I wiped down all the surfaces in the hotel room with Lysol wipes, and was pleased to see the wipes looked just as clean after I used them as they did before. Our room was clearly cleaned very well. There is no housekeeping while we are here, which is just fine as we rarely use that service anyway. We just text the hotel when we want garbage emptied and for new towels. The closest people people in the restaurant with us are 20 feet away. Here are a few pictures:

19 Likes

25 Likes

The resort looks beautiful… and empty! Glad you all made it safely. Can’t wait to follow tomorrow’s adventures.

4 Likes

That just makes my heart happy for you! Such a great gift for Avery!!!

Can’t wait to see all the fun.

I will admit my envy!

4 Likes

And mine in October!

3 Likes

It does seem empty, the parking lot had very few cars. We will see tomorrow what the parks look like as far as people. With the 3 hour time change, who knows when we will get there.

6 Likes