Breaking News: Crazy West Coasters go to Florida in the middle of a Global Pandemic: Otherwise known as a good old fashioned Trip Report

Seriously, this forum really creates a sense of FOMO for me. You’re not helping :joy:

11 Likes

Sorry. Me too with the FOMO. This forum, and before that Chat, has given me FOMO for years and years. I have given in and just go with it!

8 Likes

Oh, WDW needs us to go and stay…

The gist, people aren’t visiting and booking resort stays.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to follow along!

4 Likes

I saw that about the resorts. And seeing constant reports of crazy room upgrades makes me think the resorts that are open are scarcely occupied.

5 Likes

I’d be more willing to stay on-site rather than AirBnb, if they had any value hotels for value price. ATM - all you can book is Pop for $200+ / night.

4 Likes

That’s exactly it…I was at MK 2 days ago, and it felt like a PPO event or DAH, both of which I’ve shelled out EXTRA money for. The crowds were down and the wait times were down. We rode everything we wanted to ride, and then some. There were several restaurants that I wished were open, and a few shops that I wished were open as well, but other than that, it was an amazing experience.

I know people talk about not wanting to pay full price for a partial experience, but that’s exactly what the premium events were prior to Covid. IMHO.

People did really well with social distancing (for the most part). The trouble areas I saw were when the monorail arrives at it’s destination, or when bigger things let out (like the Carousel of Progress). If a guest were feeling like they wanted to avoid those crowds they could just hang back for a minute and the problem would resolve itself.

5 Likes

thanks for sharing with us and have a great trip!

3 Likes

I am so excited to follow along with you!

3 Likes

Quarantining upon returning home will be a deal breaker for a lot of would be travels.

6 Likes

Yeah.

The two biggest deal breakers for me are mask requirement and the 5 1/2 flight. DS and I could go to WDW with no issue. No crowds would allow me to enjoy the parks at a leisure pace. DeSatis hasn’t mandated quarantine for people from CA. On return, DS and I would have no issue quarantining from home. He’s not in school or working and I work from home. DH and DD wouldn’t want to go since they are considered essential and need to be in the office/lab everyday.

Blue hair?!?

5 Likes

Well… I’ve got it down to $1100 now! I forgot about my Disney Visa GC balance and SW flight points. (That would make my flight “free” and all my meals for a week paid for)

Now… I’d be using about a third of my “scheduled” 2021 / 10 day bucket list experience trip though…

Guess who is going to have to talk to their DW when they get home??!!?? :thinking::crazy_face::mask:

If I could just figure out a way to not spend $275 - $300 on Uber / Lyft fares for the week…

7 Likes

A rental car?

1 Like

$200+ for the car, tolls and then parking each day… I got the price down so low by only paying $235 for an AirBnB room for the 8 nights. (so no free parking for me!)

1 Like

What dates are you thinking of going? I’m excited for you! That’s cheap enough that I could almost afford to pay your way and still feel like I got a deal! :joy: (Legal disclaimer: This comment does not constitute an offer to pay for your trip :wink:)

Me too, but at the same time it is utterly unrealistic for me to consider going this year (for non-COVID related reasons) so the forum is really helping me live vicariously through all of you. Go go go!!!

7 Likes

Sorry life has put Disney on hold. Did you end up getting an AP for DL this year? I guess the closure of DL is extending the life of the AP at least.

3 Likes

Looking forward to following along.

2 Likes

I looked at multiple weeks during August. Anything starting Aug 9th is about the same. If I do feel brave enough to have a serious talk about it w. DW I would probably do either Aug. 9 - 17 or Aug 23 - 31.

Those are the weeks before & after my DD is to start college - even though she’ll be doing it from home. (I don’t think my wife would want me to “miss it” for sentimental reasons! Even if all she’ll be doing is online! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

I do have an AP for Disneyland! We have a rolling trip to DL that keeps getting pushed back (originally was thinking of going in March!) that is now scheduled for October. Hopefully Newsom allows Disney to open by then. If not, we will go shortly after they reopen, whenever that ends up being.

WDW will have to wait till May - we have a trip solidified, so at least there’s that to look forward to.

5 Likes

You have to stop saying stuff like that! I still have my November trip scheduled! (I will have to definitely cancel DLR if I book a WDW)

4 Likes