BREAKING: "Magic Key" Replacing Disneyland Annual Passholder Program, More

This is just like the Flex Pass that was introduced in 2019, except that all tiers use the reservation system but the higher tiers can hold more reservations at at time. Interesting.

7 Likes

IIRC that was the original speculation when the cancelation of the AP program was announced, that the Flex Pass would just take over.

3 Likes

I wonder if they will allow Magic Key holders who are staying onsite to make more reservations? Similar to how WDW has been handling it? So if you are booked at GCH for 3 nights, would you be able to make 4 or 5 days of reservations with a lower tier pass as long as the dates arenā€™t blocked out?

(I know we donā€™t have the answer. Just speculating!)

3 Likes

We just bought two day tickets for the end of the month. I think they were over $200 each. I would not mind at all upgrading to the that lowest tier! All depends on blockout dates ā€¦

4 Likes

Do we think weā€™ll be able to upgrade our existing tickets? Iā€™m hoping I can do that over the phone before my upcoming trip in September. If not I may have to come in cold with no reservation for one of my days since I donā€™t want to change my 2-day to 3-day if I can get an AP for the same cost.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping! Iā€™ll be there August 29/30, so Iā€™ll let you know.

2 Likes

on sale beginning August 25, 2021

2 Likes

The official Disneyland Magic Key info

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key/

1 Like

The blockout days are brutal. For the SoCal tier (Imagine) there arenā€™t any weekend days available and only a handful of Fridays and Mondays.

The Enchant blockouts include some of the days I have planned:

EDIT: Here is the Believe blockout calendar, which only blocks one day Iā€™m planning to go:

So I will probably have to do the Dream pass if I get one:

Which is more expensive than itā€™s worth compared to the number of days Iā€™m planning to go. Iā€™ll have to crunch the numbers.

7 Likes

How many days is that from park opening to full info on the new AP program including date of sales?

Answer: 96

1 Like

Disney Parks Blog Story

1 Like

Did you see that WDW announced they will restart sales by October 1st?

5 Likes

Does DL ever offer AP discounts for the hotels?

I wish it clarified Park Hopping! I can hold multiple reservations, but if I only want to experience RotR that day do I have to get simultaneous DLR / DCA reservations? Can you only park hop after a certain time? (2pm??)

I just donā€™t see these as two distinct parksā€¦ Whoā€™s gonna reserve a lot of DCA dates? The DLR availability will be gone while everyone else gets leftover DCA

Magic Key holders who have a park reservation for both theme parks may cross over and switch between parks on the same day beginning at 1:00 PM. Please check the Park Hours calendar and the Disneyland app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park. Magic Key holders who have a park reservation for both parks must enter the first park as designated in their park reservation prior to visiting the other park. At this time, a park reservation is not required after visiting the first park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Please note that the ability to visit the other park will be subject to that parkā€™s capacity limitations.

ETA - Thatā€™s from the official link above.

3 Likes

Where is this? Iā€™m looking at the DPB announcement and I guess Iā€™m missing it??

EDIT - Found it here:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key/#drawer-card-program-overview

So if you have the one where you get 6 park reservations, but want to hop, you really are only getting 3 days to plan for? Am I understanding that right?

From here.

1 Like

I have no idea, I just cut and paste.

Disneyland Paris doesnā€™t offer any free FastPass with itā€™s Club level hotels - ā€œCastle Club & Empire State Clubā€

They used to! I was going to stay in Castle Club because it came with daily unlimited fastpasses. So they got rid of that? :frowning: