BREAKING: "Magic Key" Replacing Disneyland Annual Passholder Program, More

I suppose at DLP where there are so few rides with FP it is probably not a big deal. If you were there for 2 or 3 days you can pay for all the FPs for less than $50/person/day. At WDW I would hope to be able to still manage 5 or 6 FPs/person/day for that $50. It’s all speculation though when it comes to WDW.

This is so true, because there are nuances at WDW that aren’t at play at any of the other Disney parks. My prediction? They will offer reduced numbers of free passes to on-site guests (possibly in a tiered fashion…such as 3 for Deluxe, 2 for Moderate, and 1 for Value), and then offer the paid system similar to DLP on top of things. Simply my guess.

4 Likes

To clarify…not trying to be the “Actually!” guy…

It’s $79.53 per person to skip all the attractions offered. That’s just for six rides…

I guess if you don’t want to do Autopia you could save $10

2 Likes

This is my thought too! Not sure what the “general public” offering will be, but Disney Genie seems to be an “ala carte” / “package” system

This is what Shanghai Disney has been offering for years…

1 Like

I’ve seen pricing for 8 rides so far, for a total of $112. Spread over 3 days that is less than $50/person.

I’m sorry, but I’m super confused? How is $112 / 3 = $50? Not trying to be rude or anything… seriously
super confused… :grinning:

I found a ride list… I missed ToT and Ratatouille!

Pricing here:

It’s not, it’s $37.33, which is less than $50.

I think we are talking past each other. I’m just trying to compare it to what I am used to…purchasing 3 FP/day for $50. At DLP I can purchase an FP for all the rides over 3 days and it’s less than $50/day.

2 Likes

OHHHH!!! I see the logic now…

You are “theoretically” only going to skip each queue one time over three days…

I was coming at it from the idea of traditional WDW FPP. I can ride BTMRR with FPP over & over as long as the pass is available. Someone like me might spend 2 - 3 times as much at DLP if I wanted repeat rides on the attractions with no wait.

3 Likes

just to be clear because I’m a little confused – we’re currently talking about DL Paris yes? Details on the DL California Magic Key haven’t been released yet, right?

2 Likes

Correct, this is DLP information.

Still waiting on the Magic Key announcement.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I thought, but I was going back and forth between this thread and another at various points during the day and got myself all mixed up.

1 Like

The Magic Key announcement will be “no earlier than 1pm Pacific time.”

2 Likes

Because they don’t know what the announcement will be? I mean, really- why?

3 Likes

maybe because they know that people are going to throw the telephone lines into a tither and break the internet. they wanted to get some work done first. :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought those announcements happened on Fridays at 5pm ….

2 Likes

those are the ones that would break wall street.

4 Likes

Early Rumour Time

From the Article

Dream Key – $1399

The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

Believe Key – $949

The Believe Key is the second-highest tier and includes 50% off of theme park parking. The Believe Key will include 10% off of merchandise and 10% off of select food and beverages. The Believe Key will include 6 reservations at a time. There will be blockout dates on some days of the year.

Enchant Key – $699

The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

Imagine Key – $399

The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchnant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.

All tiers will be required to make theme park reservations, which can be made up to 90 days in advance.

4 Likes

Each of these “keys” are good for a year?

The bigger news is this “confirms” Park Reservations are here to stay…

4 Likes

This. As long as there is an option for people to wait so they aren’t excluded, and as long as there is a paid option that will make people consider the cost/benefits. It will also help combat those non-Disney VIP tours that were taking advantage of free FP’s to herd people around.

It’s a win/win/win as far as I’m concerned. I’ve been hoping for an in-between option for over a decade now! Something between a walking VIP @$5000+ a day, but over the Virtual Queue/Free FP/having to choose tiers of attractions.

I want to “guarantee” a spot on RotR for my family, maybe twice, and I’m willing to stand in lines for most everything else as we (pre-covid) usually don’t enter the park until FP’s have all been distributed anyway. Between Touring Plans and SRL, it’s not much different for us than before…except we aren’t getting screwed by the time difference. I really do hope it makes its way stateside.

2 Likes