BREAKING: "Magic Key" Replacing Disneyland Annual Passholder Program, More

No, you can reserve 6 different days. You can hop on each of those days to the other park. I think the “both theme parks” really means “either theme park.” I could be wrong, but that’s what this part makes it sound like:

At this time, a park reservation is not required after visiting the first park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change.

1 Like

DLP has eliminated FastPass entirely. They even removed all the signage at the rides / around the park.

@OBNurseNH
From what I’ve quickly gathered online is that you can reserve 6 different days. Each date starting at either DLR or DCA. You can park hop to the other park on those dates starting at 1pm.

2 Likes

Alrighty. Well might not stay in castle club then and just pay for this whenever I do get to make up my 2020 trip. But then again I had a park view room where I could sit on my balcony and see the castle and fireworks so I still might.

1 Like

Yes, usually only 25%, and only some of the time. No rhyme or reason to when they might appear.

1 Like

It’s 1pm.

1 Like

Ugh. When I stay at GCH, I use that security to get into DCA, then jump over to DL. With reservations, that makes the security point into DCA useless for people with DL reservations. Unless they move/d the DTD security into the Esplanade?

1 Like

They moved the main security checkpoint out by DLH. If you’re staying at GCH, you go through security at GCH’s special entrance to Downtown Disney.

1 Like

There is no reason to enter DCA if you are going to DL from the GCH. They have another entrance into DTD from the GCH, just use that one.

2 Likes

Here is MiceChat’s write-up (with commentary and discussion at the bottom, if you want to know what people think).

I didn’t realize this little factoid:

Nice!

2 Likes

"You can make reservations for one park only or both parks, pending availability.

Magic Key holders, choosing both parks, can select which theme park to start their day at and may cross over and switch between parks on the same day beginning at 1:00 PM, subject to capacity."

From the Disney site.

So we have to know in advance when we want to hop?

1 Like

I was remembering the DTD entrance was open and security had been by the bakery, getting mixed in with the tram crowds. I had forgotten that they had talked about moving it back.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. So “both” is an option, distinct from one park or the other. That seems like a pain. I feel like they shouldn’t need this information.

1 Like

Gotcha! It’s much better now with how many different security places they offer.

1 Like

I saw the blackout calendar posted earlier, but I thought I’d break it down for those wanting to know:

For blackout dates, the calendars are available through end of Sept. 2022

402 total days:

Imagine (SoCal only / $399): 235 blackout dates
Enchant ($649): 151 blackout dates
Believe ($949): 48 blackout dates
Dream ($1399): 0 blackout dates

EDIT - A five day trip is $415 - ticket only with Park Hopper included

3 Likes

Except parking right? I think the big thing they took out was parking. Maybe to really cut down on locals just dropping in? Or if they do, to get more money out of them…

2 Likes

To confirm about the park hopping… I started booking a few dates to see pricing and it shows how the reservations will work

2 Likes

My canceled 2020 and 2021 DLR trips looked like they weren’t going to be rescheduled because I know have a long WDW trip in Dec. and I thought my husband would object.

But looking at these calendars maybe the crowds won’t be totally awful Easter week because of the blackouts. Throw in some spring baseball and I might be able to make it work. Now, if only I could swing a VGC reservation…

3 Likes

Elsewhere I found this, so maybe not. It looks like a CYA blanket notice, but then why have ambiguous writing saying the availability to reserve both parks for entry?

At this time, a park reservation is not required after visiting the first park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change. Please note that the ability to visit the other park will be subject to that park’s capacity limitations.

1 Like

The lowest tier is called “imagine” as in “Imagine if you weren’t blocked out all the time.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Just getting back from a motorcycle ride with my boyfriend out to Vista Point and I am just reading all this now!! The cheapie I mean the Imagine key is the one I will be buying. Looks about the same as the Select was. I don’t remember that one ever having weekends on it. Maybe a Sunday or two?

5 Likes