BREAKING: "Magic Key" Replacing Disneyland Annual Passholder Program, More

3 Likes

I received an email from Disney Destinations informing me that the wait is almost over. I’m excited to see what the program is. I want my AP back. :blush:

1 Like

Hey Darcy! I received that email too! Was a nice way to start a Monday :heart::heart::heart:

Seems to be the most uninformative “news” Disney has ever had. We already KNEW they were going to replace it with something else. I’m not sure what people are waiting for is what you are calling it, but what it will entail! :smiley:

4 Likes

Disney is the master of the no news news. I don’t know why it reminds me of Gary Gnu though​:rofl::rofl: I think its that Disney Kool-aid I’m on. :heart::rofl:

7 Likes

The Great Space Coaster! Nice!

1 Like

I’ll bet the cost will be astronomical!

1 Like

It looks / sounds similar to Paris’ Passholder program… I guess we get to wait & be disappointed tomorrow! :rofl:

(Not that it’s a “bad” thing, but it looks modeled after the Six Flags AP program put out a couple years ago…) https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/store/memberships

2 Likes

A friend thinks the website will crash tomorrow. Wants to take bets on the time

1 Like

It’s a tuesday so it’s pretty darned well guaranteed anyway

6 Likes

That sounds a lot like the Flex Pass which was implemented about a year or so before Covid hit.

2 Likes

While we are anxiously awaiting the DLR AP announcement I thought I’d share the Disneyland Paris new Primer Access Pricing…

So, if you do the math, a family of four can skip the Peter Pan queue for $71.20 (USD)

Parkhop? that’s an extra fee.
FastPass? that’s an extra fee.

Discounts? that’s an extra fee.
Parking? that’s an extra fee.
Sitting on a bench? oh you better believe that’s an extra fee.

(Simpson gag courtesy of @Ryanthemepark on Twitter)

7 Likes

So this is a per-ride add-on?

Le sigh.

When are people going to get out the pitchforks and torches???

6 Likes

I’ll admit to not being familiar with the whole system, but I do know these prices are in line with the extra CL FPs you used to be able to purchase. Of course you also got the 3 free ones. I’m not sure if there are any free ones in this DLP program. Assuming the free ones, I’m ok with the pricing.

3 Likes

Which I also thought was insanity.

4 Likes

Ahh, that makes a difference. I was fine paying for them.

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was excessive, ESPECIALLY on top of the ridiculous prices that they charge for CL to begin with.

2 Likes

I can see that. I’m still willing to pay. Disney math and all.

2 Likes

Disneyland Paris doesn’t offer any free FastPass with it’s Club level hotels - “Castle Club & Empire State Club”

Yes… If you want to skip both PPF and Buzz Lightyear, it’s $17.80 per person per ride. ($35.60 for one person to skip both queues)

1 Like

If you eliminate free fastpasses, it makes the standby lines faster. And then, you offer a paid upgrade with limited availability, it keeps the standby lines reasonable.

However, if you have free fastpasses, the standby lines are longer, driving up perceived wait times, which causes people to want fastpasses more and become more willing to pay for them. The additional strain on the fastpass system increases standby lines even more, which further drives people to choose to pay for them. Pretty soon you are in the same boat as other systems like at other amusement parks and UOR where they are upcharging for a problem they created with the very system they are upcharging for!

In this case, charging per ride with limited availability and NO free fastpasses means they can still profit but have minimal wait on actual standby waits for everyone else (unless they OVER sell them!).

As such, I think this system probably is the best that could be done to balance things out…giving those who refused to wait in lines a chance to opt out, while giving Disney a source of revenue, while having minimal impact on existing paying guest wait times.

4 Likes