BLT Offer Accepted!

We are waiting on RoFR on a SSR contract that we got a great deal on. This was after the first AKL contract we tried, also a good deal, fell through because there were title issues. If Disney takes the SSR contract and prices have gone up, the universe may be trying to tell me something that I’m not going to like.

4 Likes

I still haven’t seen any ROFR action so I think you’re good. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I hope so. I’m really worried it’s too low. I’m not good at such things though. When we bought our BLT contract in 2014, we just paid asking and didn’t even know to offer less :joy:

2 Likes

What broker did you go through to get such a good deal?

1 Like

DVC Resale Market. I think they felt badly that the AKL contract was bad. Fidelity had a similar AKL contract but I stuck with DVC Resale. They are taking $200 off the closing costs too.

2 Likes

Curious what your $pp for SSR is? If you don’t mind sharing. If you’d rather not that’s ok.

1 Like

SSR was listed at $110 pp. We agreed on $106. The AKL contract had been $119 and we agreed on $117.

3 Likes

I think you’ll clear with flying colors. I’ve seen transactions as low as $90pp for SSR pass ROFR. The broker told me $109pp is the average this month for SSR.

2 Likes

Agree. Now is the time to sneak past the ROFR monster, but even if it started to wake I think $106 for SSR is passable.

2 Likes

Thank you for that @Jeff_AZ and @OBNurseNH. That makes me feel better. It seems so low compared to many asking prices. I guess people must offer a lot less than listing price. I prefer AKL as a home and in many cases SSR was similarly priced to AKL which is why I started with AKL. The lower price and ease of staying the course with the same broker is what pushed me to the SSR contract. I also did a lot of looking and it doesn’t seem too difficult to book AKL either.

2 Likes

Who are you working with at DVC Resale Market?

1 Like

Karen is my broker there. Someone else called me last week to make sure I didn’t need anything as well but I don’t remember who that was.

2 Likes

I got my resale contract with them back in 2018 after working with them and shopping for a long time. I always found them to be great! My broker, though, was Marissa and she’s now COO for them or something like that :wink:

4 Likes

We thought about our original resale contract from 2014 for a long time and I’ve been thinking about this one for years too but I’ve never worked with anyone during those periods. I’m thinking that maybe I should have been talking to someone during those times and not just jumping in with an offer. Oh well. I’m happy with the $PP for my original contract and this one. At least I learned from the first one to not just offer asking price!

2 Likes

How did I miss this!!!

You should check out the ROFR thread on the Dis boards. You will love it. Gives you a great sense of what people are actually paying for contracts. Hreat people too.

2 Likes

You all are going to make me get more points, probably at SSR aren"t you…

@JustKeepSmiling you can almost always get a stay at AKL.

3 Likes

There’s some enabling happening in Uncensored. It’s technically directed at @Randall1028 but anyone can consider it directed at themselves.

1 Like

Oh I’m well familiar with this. That’s how I knew what a reasonably low offer would be.

1 Like

It would be a tragedy if you werent on that thread.

But some of them are very bold!

1 Like

IMG_8508

I’ve been stalking my email all day every day and of course it came when I was stuck on a call but it came nonetheless! :tada:

It’s been 3 weeks exactly from when it was sent. This waiting is not for the faint of heart. The next waiting phase may actually kill me :sweat_smile:

9 Likes