BLT Offer Accepted!

Some do. Other don’t. Most understand the basics but it is a complicated system.

Which is why there are always posts (on various forums) where people find themselves in situations they haven’t come across before and don’t understand the rules. And people are always willing to help them out.

3 Likes

Very true. I feel like there is a steep learning curve and then it levels out - but there is still lots of learning after that. But the intimidation factor is greatly reduced (if that makes sense)

My DH, for example, just learned all of the basics and know nows what I am talking about enough to explain to someone else who is interested in buying. But there is till a ton he doesn’t know.

1 Like

Also, I think many people buy before understanding the basics. So then the questions come up while you are trying to use your points - much higher stakes than questions before you buy.

Is there anywhere where it runs you through the basics and why would it be better to buy used. What is the cost of buying new now. I understand they expire and I’m interested in tbe beach club and wondered what is the upside. Also Disney can block tbe sale and also you don’t get the same privileges. I understand the dates. I think we would be section 5. Either March and February or November would be our first choice of months. Who do you trust and what is the best way to accomplish this. Any hints
You could give would be wonderful. I don’t even understand all the listings.

There are usually incentives for direct purchases but resale will generally save you a lot of money.

This site might be easier to look at for resale. The years tell you if the points for that year have been used or not.

1 Like

Thanks ! That’s wonderful !

I have to confess that I put in a lowball offer on a contract today just to see if I could get a good deal. :see_no_evil:

I didn’t get it and the broker called me back saying the winning offer was about $15pp higher than mine. She said the market is starting to heat back up again after hitting its lowest level in a few years. Could have been good salesmanship, but it’s plausible that people are putting their tax refunds into DVC.

2 Likes

If you listen to podcasts, the first 10 or so episodes of the DVC show by the DIS were super informative. That is how I learned a lot.
Less informative now.

1 Like

Off topic: do you listen to the original DisUnplugged podcast? Did you listen to this week’s show to learn that Pete is no longer going to be doing the Tuesday show? He will still be doing DVC Fan, DCL Fan, and dining shows and reviews. I’m sad that he is leaving the main show.

I heard that this morning. I started listening during Covid.

I like this new member series of podcasts.

https://mydvcpoints.com/resources/new-member-education-series-playlist/

2 Likes

I’ve been listening since about 2012 maybe! I subscribed whenever I got my first iPod lol

1 Like

I knew you had a good one. I am going to book mark this.

It depends on how much driving I do in a week. My order is:

• The Disney Dish
  • DVC Fan
  • Any episodes of “The Daily” that look interesting
  • A political podcast if DH recommended
  • The DIS (this moves up if something happened with Disney)

I will habe to listen. Sometimes I think it is better without him - Rhino amd Craig cam be really funny. But the fan base loves his rants, so I guess we eill see how it goes!

3 Likes

This has me wondering if the downturn was waning interest (plus a lot of people wanting to sell) due to long-term concern about Disney’s future under Chapek…but now that Iger is back, and we are starting to see some forward momentum (or at least hints of forward momentum) in the parks, that people are a bit more hopeful and willing to invest into DVC again? Don’t know. Just a thought.

If I could figure out a way to do so easily, I would sell my SSR and buy a BWV contract given the pricing today. But we’re happy with SSR, and afraid that an attempt to switch would go awry somehow. If I had a ton of spare change laying around, I’d go ahead and buy BWV, and then sell my SSR with no urgency. But…my couch cushions are sufficiently empty for that to not be a wise maneuver.

2 Likes

I think it has a LOT to do with the release of VDL - and the awful asterisks related to those points and contracts.

2 Likes

Oh, good point.

1 Like

Just curious, was the winning offer pretty close to asking or did they get any kind of “deal”? Some of the accepted offer notifications I’ve gotten the past few days have definitely seemed a little high compared to others recently!

1 Like

The highest offer was about $5pp below asking. But the broker may have talked one of them into outbidding the other after I bowed out.

1 Like