BLT Offer Accepted!

I’ve been seriously looking into (aka obsessing over) DVC resale the past few weeks as the prices have been dropping. I wanted BLT or the Poly for monorail access and a BLT contract popped up a few days ago that fit my requirements so I made an offer last night. It was for $12/pt less than asking so I was expecting them to counter but they accepted it this morning!!!

Makes me think I could’ve gone even lower but oh well :sweat_smile: Now it’s the waiting game… but how am I supposed to work at a time like this?!

15 Likes

Welcome home!!!

1 Like

Welcome home!

1 Like

Cool! Congrats on making it this far. Hopefully ROFR goes through okay.

It is interesting, the price drop on resale. I just glanced at what is available at BWV, since that was where we originally had hoped to buy, but there was essentially nothing available when we were looking, so went ahead with SSR.

Today? There are a whole slew of BWV contracts available at a price point that is actually very similar to what we paid for our SSR ~1 1/2 years ago. :confused:

2 Likes

Resale market has been on fire over the last couple of months. The ROFR monster is in a deep deep slumber and that has driven prices down dramatically (except for, all of a sudden, GCH now that VDL information has been released and is not appealing)

3 Likes

I debated waiting a few months or so to see if prices continue to fall and then who knows what will happen with the economy over the next year and if more people will end up selling. But, I could’ve held off forever trying to wait to get a better deal and ultimately I wanted it now. (Of course still being dependent on ROFR passing!)

We just got home yesterday from a split stay (3 days riviera and 5 days BLT) we are 100% biased but LOVE BLT…

My kids said “next time we come can we just stay at BLT the whole time”

Plus, BLT is likely going to go through a major reno in 2024 where everything is replaced

2 Likes

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for ROFR.

2 Likes

Congrats! Love BLT.

2 Likes

Congrats and welcome home!! :slight_smile:

I haven’t even seen CGH up for resale anywhere.

1 Like

There were apparently a bunch (relatively speaking) of contracts out there until last week when the news was released about VDL and then poof they were bought up.

AND the sale price went over asking!

If anyone has a GCH to sell, now is the time (now is the best time, now is the best time of your life)

1 Like

That’s great news, congrats!

1 Like

Congrats! I am right there with you, obsessing over resales. I decided to buy recently and have put in a few offers, but so far no deals for me. Hoping the remaining waits are not long for you!

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome home!

1 Like

Hope you get something soon!!

Where is the best place to look for dvc resales ? I’d like to get something at tbe beach club

This site is an aggregator of all of the resale sites and current listings. Its a good plave to see all prices and options:

It seems so complicated. Is there somewhere that explains it all. Thanks so much!

What can we help explain? The search engine?

1 Like

Agree with @PrincipalTinker happy to explain things - is it DVC in general or the search engine? DVC is a steep learning curve amd then all of a sudden, you get it!

3 Likes