I’ve been seriously looking into (aka obsessing over) DVC resale the past few weeks as the prices have been dropping. I wanted BLT or the Poly for monorail access and a BLT contract popped up a few days ago that fit my requirements so I made an offer last night. It was for $12/pt less than asking so I was expecting them to counter but they accepted it this morning!!!
Makes me think I could’ve gone even lower but oh well Now it’s the waiting game… but how am I supposed to work at a time like this?!
Cool! Congrats on making it this far. Hopefully ROFR goes through okay.
It is interesting, the price drop on resale. I just glanced at what is available at BWV, since that was where we originally had hoped to buy, but there was essentially nothing available when we were looking, so went ahead with SSR.
Today? There are a whole slew of BWV contracts available at a price point that is actually very similar to what we paid for our SSR ~1 1/2 years ago.
Resale market has been on fire over the last couple of months. The ROFR monster is in a deep deep slumber and that has driven prices down dramatically (except for, all of a sudden, GCH now that VDL information has been released and is not appealing)
I debated waiting a few months or so to see if prices continue to fall and then who knows what will happen with the economy over the next year and if more people will end up selling. But, I could’ve held off forever trying to wait to get a better deal and ultimately I wanted it now. (Of course still being dependent on ROFR passing!)