Bidding our cares goodbye: First timer trip report

Wow those pictures!! Stunning. And how cute is your fam in coordinating khaki shorts :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Apparently the jungle juice here contains the POG juice that seems to be so famous. It was a good drink. Sweet, yes, but not sickeningly so.

4 Likes

It was good! Sweet, but not overly sweet.

3 Likes

Hollywood Studios today! I made a huge blunder this morning and forgot to link our 2nd hotel reservation. We have a split stay on points using two different Marriott accounts and i needed to link the 2nd stay yesterday. So i was panicking at 7am this morning. Luckily, I was still able to grab SDD for 10:40 and Rotr for later in the evening.

We walked over and arrived 15 minutes before early entry. We RD MMRR and everyone loved it! The line never stopped moving and it took maybe 10-15 min.

We tried to do TSM or ASS next but both had waits posted longer than i was comfortable with. So we ate brekfast.
Uploading: 20220511_084907.jpg…

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

We made it to Ogas!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Ah…I love RD at DHS (and AK, not so much Epcot or MK)

So after breakfast, we hit up Muppets 3d and Lightning McQueen while we were waiting for our SDD time. This is what i hate the most about genie+. The need to crisscross the whole park multiple times because there is no way to do things in any logical order. That said, we did not feel nearly as tired or frenzied at HS as we did at AK.

Best part of the day: I was getting nervous about being able to get LLs and find times to fit in both MFSR and TSM. It wasnt looking good. Then I remembered that 10:47 was a new drop time and the return was pretty much immediate. So even though i was eligible to book at 10:30, I waited not so patiently for the drop and got TSM. We were right there at SDD and then just turned around and waltzed on TSM. Magic. I think DH, sis, and BIL were pretty impressed.

After TSM, we did Indiana Jones, grabbed some mickey pretzels, and took the boat back to Dolphin for some pool time.

7 Likes

At the pool, DD2 swam with DH and then got out and promptly fell asleep on top of me while i was lounging with a pina colada. So i let her sleep for a bit and then we got cleaned up to head over for our Sci-Fi ADR.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I struggled to get sciFi and Ogas at convenient times. Add to that a droid depot reservation and today was definitely challenging to plan. DH and DS9 both ended up leaving dinner before the entrees came out in order to get him to droid depot. We took them boxed up food later and they ate on the go, but it wasnt the most ideal situation.

Here is how the evening went down:
Sci-fi
Droid depot
Photo pass and porgs in galaxys edge
Ogas
Rotr ILL
MFSR LL

8 Likes

Sweet lightsaber shot!

Magic Kingdom day 1! We tried to rope drop PPF but ended up too far back in the pack. Its a bit challenging to get four kids up that early after a late night. No worries, though! I guess IASW is our consolation prize?

9 Likes

I love that you RDed IASW!!

2 Likes

We also RD HM. Successfully.

14 Likes

This pic :star_struck:

1 Like

We then grabbed a nutritious breakfast, drove some cars, moved some people, used our first LL on Space Mountain, and did Carousel of Progress.

7 Likes

After tomorrowland, we hopped over to Aloha Isle, which is probably my favorite place in Magic Kingdom.

The coconut dole whip with POG juice was a hit with everyone! We ate them on the porch at Country Bears and then watched the parade in the shade. DD2 LOVED the parade. She had been in the midst of a bit of a meltdown but as soon as she saw the floats she told me she wanted to be a princess. I may or may not have gotten a bit teary.

15 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes