Bidding our cares goodbye: First timer trip report

Animal kingdom recap:
We arrived around 11:30am and went straight to KS to use our LL. When did this ride change?? While we all enjoyed seeing the animals, I missed some of the older elements. Six years ago the ride included an SOS call on the radio and elements of danger. We had fun either way-just wondering.

Tusker House included my first taste of Jungle Juice :yum: and a dessert that took me right back (10 years ago) to the 90s–little debbie brownie.
Also, DD2 was SO happy to meet Mickey, Goofy, and Donald

15 Likes

We tried to run to FotLK after, but the line was awful and so we just kept on walking right to Pandora.

We used our Navi LL but it was too early for FoP when we were done, so we trekked over to Dinosaur. Everyone else rode, but I took DD2 on Triceratops and then over to the bridge to watch Kitetails.

8 Likes

Can my prize be an adults only Disney trip??? These kids are nutsy! They were playing the “clean my toilet” game from Bluey on the bus back to the hotel. I think people were relieved when we got off at the first stop…

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, so after all the dinos, we went BACK to Pandora to do FoP. But first we said hi to Kevin.
Uploading: 20220510_153034.jpg…

12 Likes

Hi Kevin!

1 Like

Your thread title “bidding our cares goodbye” makes me smile! The back story: My children have lately become obsessed with Hershey, Pennsylvania, for reasons of… chocolate? I honestly have no idea what prompted this, we are from MN and I don’t think anyone in our general circle is even from PA. Anyways. Last week they came up with a play they call “Hershey Town: The Show” complete with its own playbill. The show consists of them singing (for 20 mins): “Hershey Town! It melted all my dreads away!” And then breaking for a commercial where someone exclaims the same tagline: “I went to Hershey Town and it melted my dreads away!”

So anyway bidding cares / melting dreads… makes me smile, and hope you guys are having a great time!!

8 Likes

My family loved FoP. My nephew… not so much. He apparently screamed and cried the whole time, which ruined the experience for his parents. I felt awful but we all thought he would be ok with it. At this point, we had picked up the 430 LL for the last showing of FotLK and the time was 4:47. We mad dashed over to Africa, but were 5 minutes past the LL window. Luckily the standby line was not nearly as long as earlier and we JUST barely made it in. My nephew found this show to be more to his liking and DD2 loved it. I did miss the Tumbling Monkeys, but would still go again.

3 Likes

I love this! I just presented at a conference in Hershey in December and it is a fun little place. How creative of your kids!

2 Likes

At this point, we headed over to Asia and the whole crew except me and DD2 rode Kali standby 5min wait. There was some water but no one got drenched. I was ok with not playing that game of chance.

Sidebar: While walking from Pandora to Africa, I did gaze longingly at Nomad. Alas, twas not to be this trip.

We grabbed an immediate LL return for EE and walked on. First time riding for all involved. Six years ago, both older kids were too little so we didnt bother. It was a hit with everyone! (Except nephew who did not ride). DD12 a bit nauseous afterwards but perked up for dinner at Yak & Yeti.

5 Likes

We thoroughly enjoyed our ahi tuna nachos.

9 Likes

After dinner, we tried to find the photo pass magic shot at the tree of life but it was too late in the evening. So we took our own pics instead.

Uploading: 20220510_195211.jpg…

7 Likes

17 Likes

Greetings from PA! :smirk:
How did you like the juice? I hope it’s not too sweet.

1 Like

Nice family photo!

1 Like

Didn’t know there was such thing at WDW

1 Like

Geez, this sounds really stressful. Ugh!

1 Like

Great family picture!!

1 Like

The ride used to have a bridge that buckled, etc. but they removed that very shortly after it opened. I think I only experienced that the first time I went on it in the late 90s, or possibly as late as the mid 2000s, but I’m pretty sure it was gone by 6 years ago. But I think you’re right that they kept the poacher plot until more recently, just no bridge buckling.

That looks delicious. Jungle Juice you say?

3 Likes