Bidding our cares goodbye: First timer trip report

I’m having a serious internal debate of having that or the traditional pineapple float next week. I looooove POG juice. But am so-so on the coconut whip.

aaawwwwww! Love that!

3 Likes

Me too. But I’m wondering if the POG softens the coconut flavor enough to make it good.

1 Like

Exactly! I may do the “I’ll order this and you order what I like so I can switch with you when I hate what I got“ with DH

3 Likes

WHEN IS THE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE COMING BACK

3 Likes

Ummmmmm…… checks magic eight ball

3 Likes

Is this pastry the Cheshire Cat thing?

Tbh, I thought it was vanilla at first. I did not think it was a heavy coconut flavor at all, but take my opinion for what its worth because I am a coconut fan.

2 Likes

Yes!

I was bummed we couldnt try the 50th bundt cake trio (Fifi, Gigi something?). I was wondering where that thing went.

After the parade, we used our 2nd LL, Splash. I got wetter than I thought I would sitting in the middle, but did not really care.

8 Likes

Next up: Cheeseburger spring rolls and wow, I really liked these! BIL concurred and ended up going back for more later.

9 Likes

The early afternoon was spent Climbing trees, listening to birds sing, journeying under the sea, and chilling in the big tent back by Dumbos circus. That might be my second favorite place at Magic Kingdom. DD2 got soaked at the splash pad while I put my feet up. Chip and Dale were signing autograph books but they took a break just as we got there, so we are resolving to come back on Saturday.

11 Likes

PoC was down most of the day, so we used a converted LL to ride buzz and then we split from my sisters family since they had BOG reservations and we did not. They’ve never been and we have been twice: Once for pre park opening breakfast and once for lunch. Instead, we did Pecos Bill’s, which was great because we found a completely empty room, parked a napping DD2 in the corner in the stroller, and put a bunch of seats together for DS9 to rest on.

4 Likes

I recently read a description about the Cheshire Tail and pictured a LOT more icing. Which wouldn’t be a selling point for me. :blush:

Thanks for the photo!

1 Like

That’s my favorite one! And DD2 wants to be a princess… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After dinner we used our ILL to ride SDMT. With all of our dwarf shirts. DH was sleepy, DS9 was Happy, DD12 had to be Snow white, DD2 was bashful, sis was dopey, BIL was grumpy, and my nephew was sneezy. I am ABD and working on my dissertation, so naturally I was doc! A few CMs commented and we saw some others wearing similar shirts that day. Sis and I grew up constantly quoting the movie (“womens wiles” and “a socky too” are our personal faves), so we had to do the shirts.

5 Likes

We had been watching for PoC to come back online all day and it finally did, so we went over to ride it next. Then we decided to do Country Bears because no one in the group had ever seen it. We caught a hoedown right outside Country Bears, so the kids danced with Chip and Dale!

7 Likes

Country Bears. Holy cow. What was that?? My sister and I laughed so hard we were crying all the way outside on the sidewalk. How have i never seen this??

12 Likes

At this point, the kids were pretty loopy, and also wanting a snack, so of course we got them nutella fruit waffles. I tried to sit at the sacred space, but either other liners were there or its not as secret of a locale as I thought. Either way, the waffles were great!

We had a LL for Big Thunder but just as we were about to redeem, it went down. Huge bumner because the converted multiple experience pass was worthless to us. It couldnt be used on PPF or Jungle Cruise and we had ridden everything else on the list. I went to a blue umbrella to see if it could roll over to our Epcot day, but it wasnt eligible for frozen, TT, or Soarin, so yeah. Worthless. I was a teeny bit ticked by this. Why would BTMR be in the same ride bucket as Barnstormer? Just why?

Anyway, it was fireworks time at this point and none of the guys wanted anything to do with Main Street USA, so we cut across the hub quickly and ended up at Dumbo. No one in line and we saw a nice castle view spot by the stroller parking, so we landed there. I took all 3 of my kids on Dumbo 2x before fireworks and the CM there said that this was the best spot in the park to watch them from. It was a pretty good spot, but I’m not sure if it was the best.

After fireworks, we let the kids take one more drive on the speedway and then we were out. Whew! Looong but good day. I’ll throw in a few more pics when I get them from DHs phone.

6 Likes

Our Epcot day was Friday the 13th and I would say we definitely felt the effects of this unlucky day. Since it had been a late night, we decided not to rope drop and instead relied on genie+ to pick up FEA, TT, and Soarin. We also grabbed late ILLs for Remy.

We walked over from The Dolphin around 10am. DD2, who has been a trooper all week, was intermittently crying all morning and did not want to ride in the stroller. We had to keep moving or make sure she was entertained. Stopping for food was challenging. Despite this, we managed to grab brunch at Isla Fresca on our way in.

The cheese arepas did not look all that great to me, but they were actually pretty good. The tres leches was very good and I wished we had gotten more!

5 Likes