Best Places to Propose in Magic Kingdom?

Aww, so happy for you and so excited to see the pics! :slight_smile:

And now I have all the feels, complete with pixie dust in my eyes :heart:

I am so happy for you. You bring pixie dust to my eyes!

So, my mom found out that Mickey and Minnie have a mailing address (Mickey and Minnie, c/o The Walt Disney Company 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank CA 91521) and if you send them a wedding invitation, theyā€™ll send you back an autographed photo and a ā€œjust marriedā€ button.

I figured that since Iā€™ll be proposing in his dressing room, I should give Mickey a heads up. This letter (complete with family photos), was just sent to Mickey and Minnie.Letter to Mickey.pdf (1.5 MB)

5 Likes

:heart:

I cannot wait for October! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You and me both!

I am almost at a loss of words- what a beautiful letter! Your story is so touching! From now on I do not know if I will think of you as Jeff times two or Jeff(squared)! Can I also say you do look like Gene Kelly in that picture! I wish you all the happiness in the world- and I thank you for sharing this with us! I cannot wait for your proposal and wedding photos !

1 Like

Your plan and letter are perfect! And the fact that you are sharing another magical experience with your family in WDWā€¦It doesnā€™t get any better than that! Congratulations!!

Thank you. Weā€™re often known as ā€œThe Jeffsā€ or ā€œJeff squared.ā€ And yes, you can absolutely say I look like Gene Kelly in that picture. He was one of my idols growing up (still kind of is).

4 months till there are some proposal photos!!!

1 Like

Oh, I love this letter. Iā€™m so excited to see pictures of your proposal.

When my Prince Charming and I got married 2 years ago we both had a Mickey plush in his wedding dress. So, for us, it all started with a mouse, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a beautiful letter! I wish you and your husband-to-be happiness ever after and lots of pixie dust :heart:
We will be in Disney the same week, but unfortunately in a different park that day - but weā€™ll be cheering for you all the way from Epcot!

2 Likes

What an amazing letter! Congratulations on the proposalā€¦Iā€™m sure it will be awesome! Love the family pictures. Your sister is beautiful, by the way! I canā€™t wait to hear all about your engagement in October. In the meantime, have fun planning!!

1 Like

My custom ring box arrived!!!

12 Likes

Iā€™m late to this party but congratulations! I couldnā€™t think of a better place than with Mickey Mouse! I hope your trip is fantastic! Donā€™t forget we all want pics when you return!

1 Like

I swear I am psychic sometimes

This thread hasnā€™t had any action in some time. I was literally JUST (like 20 minutes ago, I kid you not) thinking about @jeffinatx and wondering how things are shaping up and whatā€™s our countdown. Then I log in here and see that @jeremy_patrick liked one of my replies and also responded to the thread as a whole.

So-- how are things shapi up, and whatā€™s our countdown???

1 Like

Funny, I was going to search for this thread! Today I was listening to a recent episode of the BOG podcast. I think it was episode 1043?- it was listener questions. Someone wrote in and said you could make arrangements with the photo pass photographer before your trip. I never heard of this and thought of you!

Love the box!

2 Likes

Yes, things are shaping up. All I need to do now is buy the ring. The proposal will happen at approx 9:30am on Wednesday, 10/5.

By the way, a few of my Austin friends and family were bummed out that they wonā€™t be able to witness the proposal in person, so Iā€™m trying to figure out a way to livestream it. If Iā€™m able to do that, Iā€™ll share that info here!

3 Likes

Interesting! Did they share what address to write to? I wrote to one, but I havenā€™t gotten a response. I wonder if thereā€™s a better address to contact.

They said they called first. The questioned was regarding a childā€™s first haircut and the listener had heard you could arrange for them to capture a ā€œmagical momentā€. A few weeks later they received an email asking for the details and a photo so the photographer would know them.

Since Iā€™m both nosey AND an ignorant hetero: what sort of ring will you buy for the engagement?

1 Like