Best Places to Propose in Magic Kingdom?

Our lips are sealed!

Near the wishing well, perhaps?

:heart:

I likey.

1 Like

The early morning breakfast idea is great. Ignoring the actual going to breakfast part for a moment, having these reservations allows you to walk into the park before everyone else. We had reservations at Crystal Palace for like 8am, we walked in the front gate right onto Main St. and it was empty. The entire walkway up to the castle had maybe 4 people on it. It would be a perfect, quiet, time before everyone enters. Then you can celebrate over breakfast. What an awesome idea.
If that is not for you, keep in mind that MK has a second nightly show of fireworks down by the waterā€¦much more secluded and still beautiful.

2 Likes

Umā€¦ ?

I meant to write separate nightly show, not second nightly show. Sorry about that. Each night around 10:30 they have what they call the ā€œElectrical Water Pageantā€ it takes place over the lagoon. You can view it near the MK entrance or from various resorts and you will also have a view of the Fireworks that MK sets off during the wishes nightly show. Here is what Disney quotes on its site.

ā€œAn Underwater World of Mystery - Charming sea creatures both mythical and natural light up the lagoon, with a bright green sea monster leading the way! Delight to a variety of Disney tunes, in the same musical style as the Main Street Electrical Parade. As this nighttime parade on water progresses, the sea creatures are joined by flashing American flags with twinkling stars! A medley of inspiring patriotic songs plays along as the stars and stripes float on the shimmering lagoon surface.ā€

1 Like

:slight_smile:

This I will agree with :smiley:

Second nightly show of the fireworks - nope LOL

Just thought of another idea. I hope you are a night owl for this one. Wait until about a half hou after closing at the magic kingdom. Sit at the benches by the castle and wait for the goodnight kiss. Then pop the question after the kiss.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one!

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the advice and support. Iā€™m actually leaning towards doing it at the Mickey Mouse M&G on Main Street for the following reasons:

1. I know there will be a photographer there.

2. Weā€™re going there first thing on our way to New Fantasyland, which means I wonā€™t be nervous and anxious all day till we get to my proposal moment. I do want to actually enjoy the day at the park and not have ā€œholy crap, my life is going to change later todayā€ in my head.

3. Itā€™s across the street from City Hall, so we can get ā€œWeā€™re Celebratingā€ and ā€œJust Engagedā€ pins immediately after.

4. For the rest of my life, I too can say ā€œIt all started with a mouse.ā€

So with that said, Iā€™m a little curious about the logistics of the M&G as Iā€™ve never been to that one. Do they bring people into the room in larger groups, or is it party by party?

Iā€™m just wondering if it would just be me, him, my family, Mickey, and the photographer in the room when it happens. While Iā€™m not ashamed or embarrassed at all about who I am and who I love, I also donā€™t want to be the reason why a parent has to explain to their 5-year-old that two dudes can fall in love and get married, or worse, that their religion doesnā€™t approve. I hope my concerns make sense.

6 Likes

Party by party. Or perhaps one party waiting while the other meets, IIRC.

I think this sounds fantastic! Canā€™t wait to hear all about it and I hope youā€™ll post photos!

I respect and admire your concern for othersā€™ feelings. That said, I would LOVE if you were the ā€œreasonā€ I would explain to my kids that two dudes can fall in love and get married :heart: FWIW, I have those sorts of discussions with them all the time already. I want them to always feel free to be who they are and love who their soul is drawn to. I hope that whoever that is, someday, they will be as happy as you sound!!!

6 Likes

Aww thatā€™s so sweet. When the time comes, Iā€™m gonna ask for your e-mail so I can share the engagement photos with you and your kids.

Kudos for being a kick-ass parent.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to hold you to it!

What an amazing, unique and special way to propose! Bravo!

I understand your concern and I am sad that you even had to think about it. A few people in line may be waiting and will most likely be able to see your proposal. How magical and what a gift for them to witness your proposal! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! On our last visit someone proposed at the very end of Wishes when they are singing the song. We were seated in the FP area so it wasnā€™t that crowded. It was so emotional !! Everyone cheered when we realized what was happening. Was truly a magic moment in our vacation even though we had no idea who they were!

1 Like

Congratulations!! I am a sucker for the castle so I say anywhere w/ that in the background is nice and romantic but thatā€™s just me. Fireworks are a great idea too, but there will likely be TONS of people in any photos you get and it will be dark, but still nice. I was just at MK in December and as my daughter and I were walking to a FP we stopped to watch a proposal around the castleā€¦everyone had basically scooted back out of the way and many people were watching from the sides, it was really cool. The proposer had someone taking photos for them from the ground angle and all around, it looked like he got some great shots. As a former photographer I would definitely recommend having several different family/friends there with you have cameras from different vantage points while youā€™re proposing so that you can get several different perspectives, youā€™ll be super glad to have these later! If possibleā€¦early morning or early evening (before sunset) would give you the BEST romantic lighting in your photos rather than blaring mid-day sun!
This photo is the proposal I mentioned - just my quick Instagram shot but you can see the photographer on the ground, lol. Iā€™m sure this angle of the castle was really nice!

I think you have worked out a great arrangement. I wish you the beat of luck and i know it will be magical.

The bit about it all started with a mouse is amazing. Love love LOVE it. Pleae update here again after.

I would try to alert the cast member about your plan. Maybe slip a note or have a family member do it so they can maybe help let the other CMs know. You may end up with very special private pixie dust or an extra photographer. Who knows?
I would love to be the family behind you but I warn you iā€™d cry. So exciting to share on someoneā€™s special moment!. Iā€™m getting teary now. You have to post pics.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. And Iā€™ll definitely post pics.

When is your trip? I really hope you follow up with pics, would LOVE to see! So very excited for you!!!
I just saw (further up in the post) your idea about the Mickey M&G and think thatā€™s an amazing idea!! Love the ā€œit all started w/ a mouseā€ piece of it too, too cute.
Iā€™m sure the photographer will get some fun shots too! Maybe when you and your boyfriend are walking over to Mickey a family member could whisper in the photographerā€™s ear what your plan is so theyā€™re extra ready to go and get lots of shots. I would have a family member taking pics at the same time too just to have backup!
And to answer your question, they take one party in at a time to meet Mickeyā€¦so if you want it more private and intimate for yā€™all, thatā€™s a great way to do it! Personally I would LOVE to see (and for my kids to see!) your romantic Disney proposal, how amazing for two people in love to get engaged in the most magical place ever! I canā€™t wait to see your pics, my 10y/o daughter LOVES Disney proposals, she got teary eyed when she and I saw the one by the castle in December. Big congrats again, so excited for you! :blush:

Thanks so much for the message. Yes, Iā€™ll post photos here once it happens (Weā€™re going to Magic Kingdom on 10/5, the first day of our trip), and Iā€™ll make sure someone in the family has a camera out, too. I may even get a video recording as well.

And thanks, haylee and everyone else, for all your support. Iā€™ll tell ya, Iā€™ve been feeling the feels today. I started my day with a phone call with my mom. She knows about the proposal plan and said, ā€œIā€™m so happy for you, son. You couldnā€™t find a better partner.ā€ She loves my future hubby dearly, as does everyone else in my family, so Iā€™m super excited to share this moment with all of them. Itā€™s really going to be a treat to have my sister and her husband there. My sister has Downs Syndrome, and she met and married a guy with special needs. They are the cutest couple, and they restored my faith in love. If it wasnā€™t for them, I donā€™t know that I would have found my guy.

So anyway, between the support and excitement from my family and the congratulatory messages from complete strangers, I feel very blessed and happy today.

8 Likes