Best days of the week for each park?

Any advice on which days to do which parks under current circumstances? We’re going Saturday-Saturday at the end of the month. I’d like to start the week with MK and end it there too, so that would mean a Sunday and a Friday. We’re going to hit all the other parks at least once, mayyyybe a second day in another park if we don’t feel we need a resort day midweek.

Weekends are the busiest days in the parks, MK being the most visited on a weekend w/ locals. Still not like ‘normal’ but more than you might like since we’ve been spoiled with all the pics of empty parks and walkon lines to rides/shows. You’ll have your shortest lines/wait-times and least crowding M-R.

Which park do you think would be best on Sunday? Definitely still want to end our trip with MK, but it sounds like both Sunday and Friday would be more crowded.

1 Like

My personal pick would be AK.

1 Like

Sunday through Saturday is typically when I like to go. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I would agree that AK would be best for a Sunday. HS is the smallest park, EPCOT draws Food & Wine visitors and MK is always the most popular.

3 Likes

Hadn’t considered Animal Kingdom for Sunday! That’d definitely be a nice way to start the week, especially after driving 12+ hours the day before. It’s also going to be DH birthday and I know he would appreciate the adult beverages that AK has.

3 Likes

I think @Randall1028 was at EC on Sunday and it was really dead… nope, I take that back it was a Monday… Here’s a live report to look at for ideas and pics. All this has happened before - #653 by OBNurseNH

Almost every WDW trip weve been on, we start with AK. Its the most relaxing park for us. And it closes relatively early so u get a good nights sleep for an early arrival at MK the next day!

2 Likes

I think it was @Jeff_AZ that had posted a graph from “thrill data“ a while back that showed average wait times at HS throughout the course of the day with the days of the week in different colors…if I remember correctly Wed and Thurs seemed to be the least crowded for HS. Not sure if a similar graph is available for all the parks

1 Like

I second (or third) AK for Sunday. We did AK on Saturday and HS on Sunday. AK was probably more crowded than it would have been on a weekday but still very easy to get everything done. HS felt a little more crowded than it did on the weekdays … but we went there three times so it didn’t matter. I definitely would avoid MK on the weekend from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Us too. Our first day is Sunday and we are all excited to get an earlier start at AK. It’s actually our favorite park also.

1 Like

Ohh thanks for sharing- taking a look now!

This is what we are planning to do: AK on Sunday and rest of the parks during the week. Sun AK, Mon MK, Tue pool day, Wed HS, Thur EP.

2 Likes

Here’s another helpful link that @ryan1 shared in another thread: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=resort,passholder,tickets&defaultSegment=tickets

1 Like

That’s definitely helpful, thanks! Do you know if you can change park reservations on the fly or does it have to be a certain number of days in advance?

I’ve heard ppl changing park reservations on the same day but not to try and park hop. @ryan1 was there recently and might know???

That’s similar to what I’m loosely planning! Sun-AK, Mon-MK, Tues-HS, Wed- Resort, Thursday-TBD (maybe Epcot, maybe AK or HS again), Fri-MK. I love Epcot, but I’m just not sure what’s all there for DS3 right now…

On Sunday, we changed our Monday reservation.

1 Like

You can change up to the point that you enter the park if you want as long as the other park you want to switch to has availability. Once you tap into a park, though, you’re done.

I seem to recall there is some no-show policy for AP holders if they make a reservation and don’t show. Not sure if that applies to same day cancellation or not though.

2 Likes