Back to the World! (This Time Without a Broken Leg)

Come on Disney! Get it together. Here’s to some wins soon!

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Y’all are getting Chapeked this morning.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope your morning improves!

3 Likes

Ack! This is what I’m worried about for our trip, since I can’t convince DH to shell out money for Genie + or ILLs :woman_facepalming: I scheduled two days at HS, but we are screwed if our RD ride is down either day to start.

Hope things turn around for you!

8 Likes

Hopefully things have gotten better. Crazy high wait times at HS today! I’ll be interested to see how it goes for you all.

TP is showing a crowd level 5 today. I have to think it’s more like an 8 at least.

3 Likes

I’m not even sure the crowd level matters when four or five of the rides are down for a substantial time in the morning. Not enough to do at HS! Bummer.

6 Likes

Oh no! If I was awake I would have told you to do TSM as a backup. Whatever ride I choose is always down in the morning - it is my curse.

7 Likes

Day 2 Early Recap

Overall… I would rate today a 3.5 or 4 stars out of 5. For the most part, things we could control were fine, things we couldn’t control were BAD.

So, on the plus side… Everyone woke up great at 6… Breakfast in the room and off to the skyliner at 650.

Paused along the way at 7 and grabbed SDD for 8:30 and RotR for 1:40. Hopped on Skyliner with no wait (after grabbing a coffee at Joffrey’s).

Through security at 7:15 and queued at tapstiles, maybe 10th in line.

The let us through about 7:45 and held us at ToT. We were, perhaps 30-50 in line… RnRC was not opening, so no queue there. ToT did not open until about 8:25. We were off by about 8:40, but didn’t get huge bang for ETPE.

Then off to SDD… And 2 out of 3 trains not loading, so, even though we arrived at SDD about 8:55, we didn’t finish for about 30 minutes.

We did standby for TSMM (about 45 minutes). I grabbed MFSR and after TSMM we were off to the Black Spire Outpost. Lots of fun had by all and I was able to grab MMRR.

After the Falcon we tried the Ronto Wraps for an early lunch and got the new cold brew from the popcorn stand. Delicious. Had a little break, then the girls wanted to pin trade, so we did that.

Rode Star Tours standby (20 minutes) then went to MMRR. So cute!

After that, a little rain (poncho up and crack on), but all we had left to do was RotR. Which was, of course, down. We hung around and shopped for about 45 minutes, hoping it would come back online. But we rain out of steam. Stopped into Guest Relations and they bumped our ILL to tomorrow. We then hopped a bus back to CBR (weather, no Skyliner). Made it back to hotel about 2:30.

Hit the pool, played cribbage with DW, enjoyed an adult beverage and now getting ready for dinner at Toppolino’s.

So, Genie plus worked well for us, but ride downtime, plus a bus ride back instead of a Skyliner put a little damper on the day.

All in all, it was good.

Looking forward to DAK tomorrow!

24 Likes

Grrr to rides down and rain.

Hope dinner is amazing.

3 Likes

Hope dinner is amazing for you!

1 Like

FWIW, that’s actually a pretty good start to the day. ToT can have a 2-hour wait in the afternoon. You saved a decent chunk of time! But rides being down at rope drop is so frustrating.

6 Likes

Which flavors? And did you like them?

ETA: never mind, see you posted the flavors. Sounds yummy!

1 Like

You are 100% right. As I said, we had a great day. I was hoping, given where we were in line for ToT to be able to hit that attraction at 8, hop in line for RnRC before the 830 park open and get those 2 attractions done before heading to Toy Story land.

Didn’t get to ride RnRC because we wanted to head out of the park by 2 and the down time created that inevitable backup.

It’s all fine, we will go back again this week. It was a super fun day.

9 Likes

Dinner was very good. They had a Corpse Reviver #2 on the cocktail menu which is one of my favorite summer cocktails and you don’t see it much on menus (of course they dropped the word “corpse” from the menu :grin:)

The escargot was excellent, the seasonal pea soup was the highlight of the meal. DW had the sole which, while quite good was a little heavy in the butter (I know, heresey…but it actually was true). I had the veal chop which had a very pleasant flavor. I paired it with a nice cab that worked very well…but for $20 I thought it was a bit of a “light” pour.

Got to see the fireworks at EPCOT from the restaurant which was a treat.

13 Likes

As a follow up, after resting, showering and getting ready for dinner, we wander over to the Riviera and poked around to see the resort. It is quite beautiful.

We were still a little early for our ADR, so we hopped on the Skyliner, went to EPCOT and popped into France for a shared glass of bubbly.

It was mostly just for the fun of a Skyliner ride (DW is obsessed with that thing). But it was fun.

Got back to Riviera just in time for dinner (which I reviewed below). And then back to the hotel to zonk out for the earliest of mornings at AK.

14 Likes

Sounds like a great use of time :clinking_glasses:

Have a wild time at AK today :paw_prints:

3 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

With this afternoon/evening you won yesterday, no matter how the first half of the day went.

4 Likes

Have a great time at AK!

2 Likes

Hooray for Best Park Day! Hope it’s a magical one!

3 Likes