Back to the World! (This Time Without a Broken Leg)

Sounds lovely! I actually had the same experience with the sole and thought it was so gross. I know many here love it, but mine was swimming in liquid and actually made me feel sick after eating it. Their cocktails are on point though!

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

I know you love it, but…

It even sloshed around on my plate. :nauseated_face: I stick with breakfast there now.

4 Likes

Breakfast there is amazing. I guess I’ve always felt the sauce had enough lemon in it that I didn’t feel like I was eating straight butter.

1 Like

Yeah, that was DW’s experience… There was … A LOT of liquid…

1 Like

So far… This day has been perfect!

AK feels very empty today

24 Likes

Love the happy faces!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

What a great day today was!

AK day started with up for rope drop. I got a LL for Navi between 8 and 9, and we roped dropped Pandora. It was the first time I ever went through the standby queue which was really fascinating.

It was a smooth Park opening, and we were on and off FoP by 830. Tapped into Navi, grabbed a LL for KS, and had enjoyed both rides in Pandora by 9:00.

We then hit Dinosaur standby… 7 min. And EE standby, maybe 15. By 10, we were ready for a snack, so we grabbed coffees, teas, and a giant cinnamon roll in Africa, and lined up for CotFotLK. After that the girls wanted to ride EE again, so I was able to get a lightning Lane for right after the lion king, and we hoofed it back over to Asia so we could hit up EE one more time.

So, because we had an anytime LL for Rise, we decided to park hop to DHS. Around 11, I grabbed a 2:00 LL for RnRC. We had the loaded Mac n cheese at Flame Tree, and enjoyed spending time with the otters, the monkeys, other animals, and hit KS before heading back to the hotel.

After a short break in the room (maybe 25 min) we hopped on the Skyliner to DHS. I had grabbed a LL for ToT, so we hit that, then RnRC, and tried Rise… Which was up! But then broke while we were on it. So, another anytime LL and we grabbed a pretzel and beer at the Baseline followed by a LL ride in TSMM… By then Rise was back up! And we successfully rode!

Back to the room for showers and a quick rest and a wonderful dinner at Jiko with a marvelous bottle of Cabernet.

Now some late night swimming!

What a glorious day!

31 Likes

Wow. You did so much in one day.

4 Likes

Revenge Touring! You did great!

5 Likes

What an amazing day! Love all the silly faces and family fun. The Kora Tinga guy is such a staple of Harambe. I love him!

3 Likes

African - Cinnamon Roll? Is that at Starbucks?

That was some masterful LL work today! Well done!

Len has talked a bit about downtime in general and the impact it is having on lines and the first experience. RotR is more reliable than it was when it first opened, but now instead of it becoming fully functional, every other ride now has a similar amount of downtime as Rise. They need to do something to make their rides more reliable.

9 Likes

I think it is, but we got it at the coffee shop just outside KS…

1 Like

They have a cinnamon roll at Tamu Tamu in Africa, but the one I had was blue. Not sure if they ditched the blue frosting or if this is a different location.

3 Likes

Agreed… Especially at DHS… I know KRR was closed at park open today, but that was not a concern for us, as it wasn’t in our plans today…

2 Likes

That’s where we got this one…

3 Likes

Now I think about it, the blue was part of the 50th so I think it’s just back to normal.

2 Likes

Exactly right… It was a very good day and the crowds felt light at AK, at least until about noon. But getting there early makes such a difference.

5 Likes