Back to the World! (This Time Without a Broken Leg)

So our travel day was uneventful. Weather was nice, traffic was mild, I only had to take 2 work calls in the car, so a success!

Got to Orlando and checked out the Character Warehouse on Vineland. Nothing inspirational and we left without picking anything up.

Arrived at CBR around 4. Got our room, unloaded the car and headed to DS. We have a beautiful view outside our door.

Stopped in to guest relations and got our passes activated with no problems and made it to our ADR at Boathouse right on time. No wait and we were seated at a great table outside.

I didnā€™t know that Boathouse was owned by the Gibsonā€™s organization from Chicago, but I canā€™t pass on a Gibsonā€™s ribeye, so I had steak at a seafood place! :laughing:

Dinner was nice, our server was great and we finished our night with some ice cream.

Back to the hotel and in bed for an early day at DHS tomorrow.

Except now I am wide awake at 3 AM, oh well.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

27 Likes

Iā€™m reading this two hours later but for some reason I am wide awake at 1:30am! :joy: I havenā€™t had trouble sleeping in forever, not sure whatā€™s up. Thanks for sharing your trip to give me something to read late at night! :rofl:

11 Likes

That is a great view!

5 Likes

I almost commented on that in the countdown thread. It was a very odd time for you to post :thinking::joy:
Hope youā€™re sound asleep now :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

4 Likes

Have all the fun at HS!!
Lovely smiley faces :smile::smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

Um, flavors? Thoughts?

7 Likes

I was wide awake from 2:30-3:30.

3 Likes

The ice cream was excellent! I had a few flavors mixed in my cupā€¦ Sinckerdoodle, sea salt caramel, winner was guava donut with cheese ā€¦ DW enjoyed the olive oil oneā€¦

11 Likes

DHE early entry ā€¦ At tapstiles at 720ā€¦ Probably letting us in around 740.

SDD for 830, Rise at 140. Rope dropping ToT!

12 Likes

Sounds like a good plan, have fun!

3 Likes

ToT and RnRC down at openā€¦

This parkā€¦

4 Likes

Awesome photo!

2 Likes

NO!
Good grief.

You are almost to your SDD LL. Thatā€™s my favorite ride. Is it your first ride of the trip?

4 Likes

Indeed! I love CBR, great choice.

2 Likes

Oh no!

3 Likes

SDD currently only loading 1 out of 3 trainsā€¦

5 Likes

Glad traffic wasnā€™t bad. We drove to Atlanta yesterday and traffic was rough.

Thatā€™s a great start to the tripā€”Boathouse and Salt and Straw.

2 Likes

That is a good one.

1 Like

Oh no. Weā€™ve had issues with multiple rides down at HS at park opening.

5 Likes

Just took one train offlineā€¦

2 Likes