Aulani Trip Report 9/5/21 (10 days)

That was the first time I’ve been in that airport; it’s very nice :wink:

1 Like

I mean after you got the pineapple purse what else did you really need? :joy:

4 Likes

All the lots said they were full, long and short term… we just kept driving and took the first space. It was parked 11 days.

It’s also under construction for the last decade it seems. Y’all were in a newly completed terminal. Did you have to hike from D to B?

1 Like

True… very true… I don’t buy a lot of ‘stuff’ anymore anyways :wink: We like to get art or things that can be seen daily to remember. I got a really cool glass sea turtle at Haunauma (sp) Bay’s Gift shop (sitting on my desk now). …and that bag… I think I’m going to send it to my DD for her upcoming birthday… I really don’t need another bag but it’s fun to buy something I like and give it to my kids or a friend. I was facetiming w/ that DD too and she saw the bag sitting on the desk in the bedroom (Aulani) and said, “Wait! What was that pinapple thing?!? go back!” :laughing: I just ignored her and moved on :laughing: but now I know I made a good choice :wink:

5 Likes

oh yes… argh!!!

2 Likes

“I’m on vacation. Throw money at it!”

This could be my tagline.

7 Likes

Not a whole lot (at least when we were there). We picked up stuff from Costco. If we needed just a few things, we grabbed it from the market across the street from Aulani–they had a decent selection.

I have good recommendations because of @Wahoohokie. I pretty much followed all her suggestions for our trip.

3 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Yes, the sundries was limited but somewhat helpful… salt/pepper smaller sizes. You should write about the Market across the street in the Aulani bound thread. I’d like to know price differences. I know from past experience that buying on the local economy is always more expensive than going to the military commissary. I didn’t want to go to Costco b/c of the sizes :wink:

3 Likes

Good suggestion.

I get that. We are a family of 5 and we like to eat.

2 Likes

You did say you used the hell out of your rice cooker… did you buy the 50 pound bag of rice from Costco :wink: :laughing:

ETA: DH told me we have a rice cooker… insta-pot? that thing scares me

4 Likes

LOVE our Instant Pot! (Our favorite thing to cook in the IP is Beef & Macaroni!)

While I know many people that swear by cooking their rice in it, I am happy with cooking my Carolina rice on the stove (2:1 water to rice ratio). Comes out perfect every time.

3 Likes

I’m a pot rice cooker too. But that rice cooker was too easy.

4 Likes

One of my first purchases when I left home was a rice cooker. My mom always used one growing up. I have a little one like the attached since my family doesn’t eat much, but you can get larger sizes. I don’t like rice on the stove because it always turns out too sticky. I like light, fluffy rice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aroma-6-Cup-Non-Stick-Pot-Style-White-Rice-Cooker-3-Piece/35745709?wl13=2767&selectedSellerId=0

5 Likes

I think this is our rice cooker that we have at home! Only it’s an older model and one of the handles is broken. We use it a lot. I do not have the patience for rice on the stove. But I legit hate to cook.

4 Likes

This could be the reason I prefer cooking it on the stove, since I really like sticky rice. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not 50 pounds. Although I see those at Costco whenever we’re there and I always wonder who buys them.

1 Like

I’m already in sync with my home time zone. Never got with Hawaiian time Woke between midnight and 1am every night there.

3 Likes