Aulani Trip Report 9/5/21 (10 days)

We have breakfast and dinner reservations at Longhi’s, and hoping to get to MonkeyPod. I guess they aren’t doing reservations.

3 Likes

The food at Aulani is not great, but there are yummy options across the street. Did you go to any? I know you did pizza one night.

1 Like

Awesome. Our dinner there was fabulous.

When we were there in May, MonkeyPod wasn’t taking reservations. We had to wait about an hour, but the weather was lovely and it was worth it.

4 Likes

We both enjoy MonkeyPod and have gone there everytime. We are skipping Roy’s this time. Doing both the Toa and Aulani luaus.

3 Likes

So fun. You have a great trip planned.

2 Likes

We didn’t do any meals across the street b/c I have really picky eaters and we aren’t doing any indoor dinning right now (well rarely)… pandemic. All Aulani was outdoors and we did get pizza across the street, grabbed stuff out and about the island. . My guys were SO happy when I made their favorite meals, they actually got very excited… like ‘hallelujah good food for a change’ :wink: And then they cleaned up dishes and kitchen. We are not cheapskates but we hate paying a lot for meh food. My one grocery shop was the same amount as one night at Off the Hook. And I agree the alcohol was the real kicker $$$. Didn’t try very hard to find the class 6 though either.

5 Likes

I still dream about Longhi’s! It was so dang good and the view is amazing.

2 Likes

We think so. We also have the sunset cruise with dinner. After this last year we just don’t want to leave anything until next time.

4 Likes

That makes sense. And you had a full kitchen–I always feel badly when I don’t use the kitchen.

2 Likes

That should be fun. I looked into some of those, but for 5 people the cost was rather crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can understand. It’s expensive enough for just 2 to do all the things

2 Likes

Yep. Luckily we did find that a lot of the excursions offered military discounts.

1 Like

I’ve already started working on next years grocery shop list. I now know what I forgot and what I need. Also, what can I just grab from Aulani sundries??? Almost everyday breakfast was in the room. We only prepare and eat two meals a day and have a light snack as a ‘third’ meal… The Aulani shop has smaller sized eggs, bacon, cheese… breakfast stuff and it would make more sense to grab a small bacon twice than get a larger one at commissary that goes bad.

2 Likes

We’ve both done different excursions, dinner cruises, luaus in the past and aren’t interested in repeating them. We did want to do somethings w/ DS there but it didn’t work out this time. We didn’t get to go to the Dole plantation or the Queen’s Palace/museum this time. DH wanted to take DS on an ATV tour of movies sets. We knew there would be less of that this time.

2 Likes

I know next time we’ll be able check out these places. Both you and @Dreamer always have good recommendations.

1 Like

@vcka , did you happen to notice if there was anything for pets in the Aulani gift shop?

1 Like

I just went back over my pictures of the gift shop and I don’t see anything…but that doesn’t’ mean I didn’t miss it. They changed up displays and rearranged shelves at least once while I was there. The first night I bought a happy Halloween pin (in Hawaiian) and two days later they were all sold out of them.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

That’s actually not too bad. How long were you there? I think our airport charges at least $30/day in the regular garage.

2 Likes

Hey that’s my airport! Love those rockers!

2 Likes