:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

On the plane. I’m sitting backwards. Weird and only an 8 hr flight? Hmmmm

5 Likes

The sea bass was so good last time I’m tempted to order it again

5 Likes

The beef for me. And a mai tai.

4 Likes

The beef was tempting. Especially with the broccolini.

3 Likes

Last Hawaiian sunset. Dinner. Breakfast after NO sleep. And Charlotte airport with rocking chairs

4 Likes

Ok airport service sucks. I’ll fix this later

3 Likes

DS said beef was really good. I couldn’t see his tray from my seat

3 Likes

This airport is crazy busy. Not in paradise anymore

3 Likes

Welcome back to the mainland! Crazy that you went from Hawaii all the way to Charlotte! That is a looooong flight.

2 Likes

It was only 8 hrs. DH said we had tail winds

1 Like

The only parking spot we could find was in short term. Remember we started out getting to airport and it said, “Lot full, please exit”. We didn’t

1 Like

:astonished:

1 Like

It’s ok. We really didn’t spend a lot in Hawaii and I knew when we parked I estimated the cost.

1 Like

This shocks me. We spent so much money it was ridiculous.

2 Likes

Us too. But we did a lot of planned activities/excursions ($$$$), we are not hang at the resort types for more than half a day, and we don’t cook on vacation (and enjoy finer dining like you). Dining out every night for a family of 4 in Hawaii is $$$$. You and I travel similarly, but not everyone is willing to part with so much $$$$ (and many just enjoy a low key/low activity restful kind of trip).

6 Likes

The food at Aulani was typical over priced Disney food, but worse. The lack of nutritious options was appalling to me. Vegetables were horribly lacking. Ulu Cafe had grab and go salads like you can get at a gas station. The parks ( especially DL) do a much better job of nutritious options.

We didn’t do any excursions BC we’ve both lived there before and had old haunts we wanted to go back to. It was more like being at a lake cabin vacation for us and it was perfect.

3 Likes

Sorry about the Aulani food, but there are lots of great restaurants in Ko Olina. I wouldn’t have eaten at Aulani much either! Longhi’s is amazing, Roy’s is too. Monkeypod Kitchen is fun, love Eggs n Things for breakfast. We stayed next door to Aulani in January, but didn’t really have the desire to visit (did on our last Oahu trip for QS and a Mickey ice cream sandwich). It’s a beautiful resort, but not somewhere I would want to eat all my meals.

4 Likes

So true–we do travel a lot alike. I made breakfast on some mornings, but we did have dinner out and we have 4 adults who are old enough to drink. That got quite expensive. And we did do a lot of excursions as well. So it was expensive but fun!

1 Like