cool!!! safari in the rain!

19 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

George :raised_hands:

1 Like

:joy:

It’s from the Hidden Mickey book/app, not TP

5 Likes

after the safari — which was fun, photos later — i hit Maharajah trek again to see if tigers were out and was :heart:

then i rode The Best coaster again — single rider so walk on — this time near the back which is great in a whole different way

Then i hit the wall on AK for the day. 9 hours in one park is enough

So I bumped my Y&Y ADR and head off for an Epcot bus

But that bus was just leaving and HS one was just arriving, so I’m off to Tinseltown and a Galaxy far, far away

25 Likes

Love the spontaneity.

4 Likes

Spontaneity Fail :laughing: sort of

i got to HS, it was very busy. As I walked to Galaxy’s Edge i thought, i’m too tired for this. i convinced myself to walk thru TSL to see if that felt more doable. nope

so then i thought, i’ll take the skyliner to Epcot, get some gelato in Italy and people watch

as i got to the skylinerthere was thunder in the distance. skyliner closed. they direct people to buses

But Not I !!! I can walk faster!

So I start walking and a couple of minutes in there is a flash of lightening, and then clap of thunder a half second later. All the people around me all look at one another and say Uh Oh — look behind us back toward HS and see a wall of rain.

But I can walk fast :slightly_smiling_face: the walk from HS to BWV took me 7 minutes

This is the rainfall

23 Likes

So I’m drying out my wet water shoes and waiting for the rain to end

8 Likes

from earlier: adorable underwater hippos

25 Likes

Walking was the right choice. Unless they are much better at it these days, starting EP area buses takes at least an hour.

3 Likes

From the rain storm safari

Elephant butt

mandrill butt (possibly tmi)

there’s a new baby giraffe in there but surrounded by big ones so hard to see

baby zebra Dash’s butt — I was just trying to get a photo of him standing but we were moving fast and he turned

22 Likes

So glad I did not ride this, claustrophobia would have made it a big no!

5 Likes

and I forgot: my favorite savanna resident

16 Likes

Can you share the name of the book? Need this for my DD!

2 Likes

I have so much fun looking for mickeys! The book hasn’t been updated since 2019. I’m not sure about the app. I think it’s kept more up to date

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082GJ73RN/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hidden-mickeys-disney-world/id323374595

5 Likes