August is the Best Month to Visit Disney World...Said No One Ever

20 years ago, I vowed I would never, ever go to Disney (well, Florida) in August again. It is hot and humid, it is miserable, there are so many better places to be in August, there are so many better times to be at Disney/Florida. And there might be hurricanes …

But then, a Magical Mischief Maker messed up my carefully crafted plans for 2 weeks at Disney in December after the Thanksgiving crowds and before the Christmas Evil Witch passholder blackout dates. And those DVC points are going to expire in early 2022 (thanks, stupid COVID).

So…

I summoned my own Magic and a mere few weeks out constructed what I could conjure of DVC reservations with those expiring points. And I’m off to Disney, in August.

Hurricanes might happen (really? Hurricane Fred? At least let it be something majestic like Hurricane Gaston), it will be hot, humid, and miserable. But I am on my way tomorrow.

I don’t have just a split stay. Because of last minute DVC availability I have a quadruple split stay: BWV, Poly, WL/BR, and AKL/Kidani. Necessity is the parent of brilliant planning. I get an Epcot resort, 2x MK resorts, and views over the savanna. I have a 3-day rotation of clothing and logistics in my carry-on bag to facilitate multiple resort changes.

I have some fun ADRs, I have some fun plans (Food and Wine Around the World, I will buy every deserving festival kitsch item and consume every deserving plate and libation – and impose upon you every photo thereof), and at least one super-fun surprise.

I will report, but also reserve the right to ask for your insight along the way.

56 Likes

Have fun!

2 Likes

what a blast!!! last minute trips like this are so exciting!! Have all the fun!

2 Likes

YAY! I agree FL in the summer is awful, but sometimes you just have to do it. Both my future trips are also quadruple stays due to various multiple bookings and rebookings so I’m looking forward to your tips! Hope you have the best time!

4 Likes

Wow, I thought I was bad staying in 3 different places in January for the same reason. Enjoy

3 Likes

We ended up with 4 different hotel rooms on our recent trip. The good part is, you get a freshly cleaned and made up room more often!

5 Likes

Have the best trip! I will be there with you in spirit, wish I was still scheduled to be there in person :frowning:

3 Likes

There’s always NH where it’s cool and comfy :joy::joy:

More than once we’ve been to FL in summer when it has been hotter in NH. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Yeah, 94 here now in Buck’s County PA, forecast to be 97. May as well be FL

4 Likes

Just a little south of you in Montgomery County!

Hot here and we don’t have central air. Ugh!

2 Likes

I’m actually in coastal SC right now and our ac broke on Tuesday. Talk about sweating buckets!

2 Likes

Hey neighbor, I would be living in my basement without AC.

3 Likes

Have a great trip! I’m excited to follow along. Here’s hoping for nice weather (no hurricane/tropical storm!).

3 Likes

Have fun! I’m looking forward to all of your pictures!

2 Likes

Are either of your lovely DDs tagging along this time?

1 Like

Well how exciting!!! And I was totally looking at last minute DVC availability for August yesterday day dreaming of jetting off on a last minute solo trip.

5 Likes

It’s me, solo. My DD23 is a grown up and working so cannot dash off with me this time. DH starts teaching next week (and he wouldn’t go anyway), and my DSs are in graduate school and also ramping up on the university calendar in August.

I am hoping you might have one of your fly-by days – or more! – planned for while I’m there!

11 Likes

Sounds fun! Hopefully it won’t be as hot :hot_face:

1 Like

I really try to avoid the weekends, but I’ll make an exception. PM me.

3 Likes

Agreed! I’m here in MA and I think today it’s definitely hotter than in FL!

1 Like