Anyone seen the new fish thing?

Look - pretty much a cheese sandwich in the sun is better than Illuminations… so I have a low threshold for Harmonious. But not as low as I will for A/C fish show.

6 Likes

The original incarnation of IllumiNations was an amazing show. Over the years they made changes to it that I didn’t really like, but it was still a good show the last time I saw it most of 10 years ago; not sure what they did to it since then. The soundtrack is still one of my favorite tracks. I’ve not seen Harmonious yet, but I’m hoping I like it.

1 Like

I am squarely in the Harmonious is better than Illuminations camp…I know its a small camp.

4 Likes

I’m in the camp with you.

3 Likes

I think i’d like harmonious a lot more if it hadn’t pooped out structures that just won’t go away…

6 Likes

This is probably best placed in another thread but here is my nighttime entertainment list (only includes shows I have seen in person):

1. HEA
  2. Wishes
  3. Hallowishes
  4. Harmonious
  5. Star Wars Fireworks (did they have a name?)
  6. Fantastmic
  7. Iluminations
  8. Enchantment
4 Likes

Star Wars Galactic Spectacular

2 Likes

I have seen the old fish thing and it was fantastic. I like the fact that they have shortened the program, cause my attention span is troubling short. It will be a higher priority for me than FotLK next time I’m there. That one is good too, but I’ve seen it recently.

4 Likes

Old fish was one and done for me. I’m not a fan of Nemo. But I am a fan of AC and I hear it’s hot there currently. And there’s not a lot to do at AK.

1 Like

Until a short time ago (read arguments on TP) I never even thought of might time fireworks at WDW as having names.

1 Like

I’m not even slightly interested in Finding Nemo but I loved the old fish thing.

2 Likes

And it was spectacular IMO in 2016. But I would probably watch a screen saver of lasers (think 1999) to the Star Wars sound track…

:flushed:

5 Likes

I would say

• HEA
  • Harmonious
  • Watching paint dry
  • Enchantment
3 Likes

Oh, with a special mention for the Christmas ending to Illuminations.

2 Likes

AK was my favorite park for many years, but now HS is. Part of my AK joy came from my kids loving the animals and character meets and my own past travel to Africa. But I don’t enjoy Avatar and EE hurts now and I don’t love the animal walks like I used to. :woman_shrugging:t2:

ETA it’s important to note I don’t like WDW like I used to… so everything changed.

1 Like

I actually agree completely with those rankings!

1 Like

Sometime between my 2010 visit and 2018 visit, Illuminations had a ton of pyro cut. When you saw it @sanstitre_has_left_the_building it was a shell of its former self. Still one of the better shows that Disney has ever made. (Disclaimer: I have not yet seen Harmonious or Enchantment).

2 Likes

I like my evening entertainment to be fireworks and lights. What makes WDW better than hometown fireworks is the addition of music and character tie ins. I also love things like the projections at the Christmas time show at HS.

IllumiNations was so not that. Something about chaos. I recall a horse running to a cave. Maybe an Astronaut. And DH like - “what the heck?” And the kids like, “Why didn’t they have characters?” And I’m like, “I forgot how bad that was.”

1 Like

I should clarify that; IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, that premiered in late 1999 is the one I was referring to. There were 4 incarnations of Illuminations prior to that; I think I saw 3 of them. The first was based on the “Laderphoniv Fantasy”, which goes back to the 80 (which I also saw and it completely blew me away). I watched a video of the 2000 version and a video of the last week of the show, and they really are about the same. I don’t understand the dislike of it - I think it’s one of the best PM shows that Fisney had done.

2 Likes