Anyone seen the new fish thing?

He’s kidding. He really is an 8 year old girl.

2 Likes

I’m planning on doing the fish show next week. I love FOTLK, But I think I’d be bummed seeing it without the tumble monkeys. Will do Nemo this time and save Lion King for our (hopefully) spring of 2023 trip.

3 Likes

If not for the fact that you get excited about meet and greet photos with Winnie the Pooh characters, I would be offended.

It’s perfectly normal for a 53-year old man to want to hug young people dressed in plushy costumes pretending to be cartoon characters.

5 Likes

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/festival-of-the-lion-king/news/24may2022-festival-of-the-lion-king-will-return-to-disneys-animal-kingdom-in-july-following-a-10-day-closure-to-update-the-show.htm

Bottom Line, the Tumble Monkeys and flying birds will return on July 16th, following a 10 day closure for show updates.

4 Likes

Same, they are our favourite bit. They are back on 16th July just in time for our first AK day!

3 Likes

So, erm, has anyone actually seen the new fish thing?

1 Like

When I was in middle school, we played this game in youth group. Honestly don’t remember what the point was, other than to have some fun together.

So, anyway, the game was this: Each person was given a piece of paper. On that paper is told how you were supposed to answer any questions given to you. For example, one might be that you answer every question with a question. Then, one person, chosen pseudo-randomly would start asking everyone a question, ultimately trying to guess what the “rules” of that person’s answering was. In the answering with a question, for example, it might play out like this:

“What is your favorite color?”

Answer: “What do you THINK my favorite color is?”

That kind of thing.

Anyhow, while playing this game, I was assigned the task of answering the question by AVOIDING answering the actual question.

Fun. Don’t you think?

4 Likes

:laughing:

Sometimes it be like that

1 Like

Maybe it would be helpful if ALL the people who HAVEN’T seen the new fish thing were to post here that they had, in fact, not seen it…

I’ll go first.

I haven’t seen it… we were going to go at 1230 yesterday, but skipped it.

8 Likes

I haven’t seen it. But I probably will next Friday for the air conditioning.

4 Likes

I’ve not seen it, yet. Tried to convince DH to go today but he doesn’t want to be in a crowded theater w/ a bunch of unmasked ppl.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it.

2 Likes

I was going to point out that this is unhelpful. But then I realised it wouldn’t matter if you had been. I read your trip report and clearly you wouldn’t know a good show if it slapped you in the face.

5 Likes

Sorry, @sanstitre_has_left_the_building - - Harmonious is unimpressive. That is all.

5 Likes

Get out.

5 Likes

@gamusicman…I assume he is using that in the colloquial sense. You know like:

“I was in New York in 1986 for the Random Festival.”

“Get out! Me, too!”

2 Likes

Look, I don’t judge people because, for example, they’re from Georgia. That’s not their fault. We’re all accidents of birth and we all have to make decisions that we’re not necessarily comfortable with but that we’re forced to make by circumstance.

But there are some things in life that are a matter of choice. Whether or not to be a murderer. Or an arsonist. Or a thief. Or an adulterer. Or to not like Harmonious.

These things are egregious and cannot be forgiven. We are compelled to condemn and expel such people from our midst. The well-being of society as a whole demands it.

8 Likes

The title of this thread. :laughing: @sanstitre_has_left_the_building you are hilarious. The title and subsequent comments remind me of something that cracked me up in the new Chip and Dale movie. Which, by the way, is hilarious. In the movie, animated characters are being kidnapped and forced to make bootleg movies. The name of the bootleg for “The Little Mermaid” is “The Small Fish Lady.” :joy: :joy::joy:
Ok, maybe it’s just me … :eyes:

12 Likes

I always call her the fish girl.

Always.

2 Likes