Annual Pass Roll Call

I live outside of Boston. I have always gone to the world in April during school vacation. This year I decided to change that trip June/July and buy an AP. I figured I could get two long trips out of the AP. Well then I added weekends in May, October and December.

1 Like

Iā€™m just outside of Nashville and both my kids and I have APs. The AP definitely increased my number of trips, so I donā€™t know if I have saved any money! LOL

This is my second year with an AP and I adore it! I went 4 times on my last one and have 3 trips planned for this one. I fly every time, too. SW with free bags and decent deals makes it too easy. :smiley:

1 Like

We ordered our 1st ever APs last night. Weā€™ll be using in Sept for an anniversary trip, then taking the kids back in the spring. The math made sense for us. Especially staying offsite- lots of money saved on parking fees alone!

1 Like

First time AP holder here. I live in NJ. I got it for my May trip. Iā€™m going again in 3 days. Iā€™ll be back again in September, January, and hopefully next May. Iā€™m single with a very flexible job so itā€™s easy to plan multiple trips.

2 Likes

I am in Texas & have AP for 2nd yr in a row. Made 6 trips on last yearā€™s (around 40 park days), prob wonā€™t hit that many days this year but bought on 24 hr day in May and have already used it 11 days. It hasnā€™t actually ā€œsavedā€ $ though because I so easily add trips which do come with other costs besides tickets. But it is so fun & makes me happy. Oh, btw this is my first forum post so weā€™ll see how it goes.

4 Likes

We have annual passes and live in WV - about 1 hour away from DC. This past year we used 16 days from our passes. We are trying to get one last trip in before they expire in Oct. but I am not sure that will happen due to work related issues. We prefer to fly due to the distance but we did take Amtrak for our spring trip a few months back. The only downside to have an AP - it is always pulling at me and saying ā€œbook another tripā€!!

1 Like

We are activating our second APs in 11 days! We are planning to get APs every other year and trying for 3-4 trips per year. We live in the Chicago suburbs. I have SW Visa so we usually get enough points to fly or family of four one every two years.

2 Likes

We are localish (130miles SW) and this year we got Resident Seasonal Passes (has blackout datesā€¦ mostly April and June - 2nd week in August) and its been great for us. We generally go early summer and late summer which we can still do . I think next year one of us (maybe all) will get full APs so we get parking again, my APs from last year have 2014 on them for parking and they always waive us thru when I show it so that will run out this fall for us and we wont be paying $17+ in parking fees for our usually 1-2 days a month visits.

Oh, yes we love having annual passes! it slows us (me down) and we can enjoy more things more often. I do notice this year I really am not going on as many rides/attractions as in the past. I seem to get in the park look for odd things I havent done in awhile or do something newā€¦ then leave and enjoy resort life :smile:

2 Likes

AP - about a 6 hour drive from WDW. We try to go 3x year, for 16-20 days in parks. Sometimes, DHā€™s AP will expire, but I keep mine for sure to gain access to AP discounts, etc. Plus, I take trips without him (with nieces and nephews, or friends), or solo. :smile:

1 Like

We have APā€™s and go 4-6 times a year. We are in Norman, OK and have to fly and it is 2 flights each way :frowning: If getting there was more convenient and cheaper, I would never skip a month!

1 Like

We have an AP and have used them for many years. We live in Ct and can always get at least two trips out of the pass before it expires. This pass will have three trips on it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had an annual pass most years since 1985. I live three hours south in Ft. Myers. I average one trip per month but generally skip February to May and make up for it by going most Food and Wine weekends. Work has been impossible this year and Iā€™ve only been three times so far, with the rest of the year not looking good.

1 Like

I hope that work lets up a bit for you so that you can enjoy your AP more. Iā€™d like to give F&W a try. It would be nice to go without my kids!

I live in CT and have had annual passes for years. We are DVC and come down 2-4 times a year. Our big summer trip is 10-16 days each year.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have an AP yet but we do plan on upgrading our tickets in Sept! We live in South AL (25 minutes from Pensacola FL) so our drive is about 7 1/2-8 hours. We plan on going for a few long weekend trips and a few longer ones next year!

1 Like

Iā€™m in the DC area. Did AP last year for the first time because I signed up for the Princess Half, and adding a separate ticket for that trip in addition to our week in August would have been just as much as upgrading the August ticket to AP. So I gave it a shot. Added TIW, and the food/drink savings covered a big chunk of the cost to upgrade to AP. On the other hand, having the AP prompted a spontaneous December trip (bye bye savings!), and now Iā€™ve renewed for another year!

1 Like

We have passes and live in NJ. we visited the parks 36 times over our 366 day period. It was great value for us. Hereā€™s the math for those interested.

An annual pass costs $634.

A 10 day park hopper is $440. A 2 day ticket with park hopper option is $252. You have to pay the $60 park hopper option once you start over ($192+60=$252).

The annual pass works if you plan on visiting the parks more than 11 times AND you would normally purchase the park hopper option.

There are also parking privileges, merchandise discounts, and options to purchase TiW, that also have to be condidered.

3 Likes

Have had AP for several years and live in NC. We always fly. We are DVC so save a little money on the AP. Use TIW too. We have always bought PH and used to buy 10 day NE and got a lot out of them. Now AP better deal. We go 2-4 times a year for about a week each time. Best to do the math for your situation. This year I calculated several price points since we are going to DL too and although I was encouraged to buy the AP for both parks it was actually a better deal to buy WDW AP and DL tickets separately. Even if AP does not make you visit more often, it probably will make you think about visiting more often.

1 Like

I hope Iā€™m doing this rightā€¦ First forum post. I had ap till 2 months ago, live in Alabama got 5 trips out of it. I think an ap is always a good idea :slight_smile: will be getting another in November

1 Like

I have a FL resident seasonal AP. Try to go twice a year, but often only 1. I live in Pensacola, so itā€™s most of an 8 hour drive each way, so ā€œquick get-a-waysā€ arenā€™t really possible.

1 Like