Annual Pass Roll Call

Just wondering who has an AP? If you don’t mind sharing, where do you live? How often do you frequent the World? What made you decide to do APs? We are about 98% sure we are going to upgrade. Live in Atlanta and are hoping to do at least 2 longer trips per year. Obviously, it would make it easier to plan last minute trips too. :smile:

1 Like

I have one. Live in Delaware. Got my first one the year my son did the college program (2009), but didn’t get another one until Feb 2013 and renewed this February. Since joining lines chat and meeting so many wonderful people, I’ve been going to WDW more frequently and it just made sense from a monetary standpoint. It does make it much more tempting to go very often because many times, ticket cost was the breaking point in deciding if I could swing an “extra” trip to WDW.

1 Like

Upgraded to Premium this year and loving the water parks. We live about an hour away and visit at least every other weekend and a handful of weekend overnighters thrown in during the year. Pretty much a no-brainer. If you average out the cost, it turns out to be less than going to the movies or similar.

1 Like

We live in MN. We have been going A LOT since DS turned 4 years old (now 10). This is the first year we bought passes. We went with Premium passes since we do the water parks and I am going to upgrade to Premier because we are going to DLR this year also.

I am very happy with the room discounts and also the 10% off on merchandise. We bought a TIW card and that makes me very happy - 20% off at TS and we average one a day.

With only 2 of us trips are much easier / less $$. The APs are just so nice to have.

2 Likes

I’m jealous! :blush: Sounds like you get a ton of value out of it. Atlanta really isn’t an unbearable drive (although a lot longer than an hour!) to do a few long weekend trips although we are flying this time b/c I got such a good deal on our flights giving us extra park time.

AP here. Live in NY but just bought a house 9 miles from the mouse :slight_smile: so we plan on going a lot. Went in Feb, April, July (just got back yesterday) and have trips planned for Aug, Oct & Dec.

2 Likes

welome to the 'hood @pod4christ

I love that @Sorcerers_Apprentice and @MagicMN are able to make use out of an AP living so far away!!

I have a AP for me and my DD5, we go at least twice a month, sometimes more and I live about 45min away.

1 Like

Thanks @MinearfulTower! :smiley:

Went back and looked. After 3 trips in 2012 totally 13 days I realized that I would have been better off with an AP. On my 2013 AP, I took 5 trips for a total of 20 days. Renewal AP for 2014 - have 3 trips so far, one this weekend and 3 other existing reservations. So, yes, it makes sense for me.

1 Like

9 miles! Wow!!! That is truly wonderful. You could ride a bike to get there. lol

1 Like

We have APs, live in Boston and probably get around 25-35 days use of it. That might mean a couple 2 week vacations or split up in a variety of ways. This current AP we 31 days use out of it.

1 Like

Florida Resident with Seasonal Pass…I refuse to go in the Summer months or super crowded holiday times, so the SP works great for us. We live about 2 1/2 hours from WDW and TRY to go 4-5 times per year for shortish trips of 4-5 nights.

2 Likes

A month’s worth of time at Disney - I can only dream! Wish we could get that much use but it’s not in the cards for us at this point in our lives. But I’m pretty sure that if we plan 2 7 day trips per calendar year, it would still be a cost savings for us.

1 Like

I live in Louisiana and we have annual passes. We will go with a family trip about 350 days apart, so that pays for itself, and then my husband and I will do a few weekend trips by ourselves. With the DVC discount we have, it is totally worth it.

1 Like

Definitely worth it for 14 days. Certainly if you like to park hop (which I do), it really provides you with a lot of freedom. I used to hate going to a park for a half day on arrival of departure day because I felt like I was “wasting” a day on my “x” number of day pass. With the AP, I don’t even think about it.

1 Like

We are definitely doing PHs. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

We are good salespeople. I think Disney should give us a referral commission…

3 Likes

Haha! Yes. Maybe they could pay you in drink coupons.

1 Like