Annual Pass Roll Call

DH and I just got APs for our Sept trip, knowing that we will take a family trip in Feb. We do not have APs for our kids though. Not sure how many times he will want to go back in the next year. I would love to have a solo trip or do the 24 hr day. BTW we live in NC and it is a 10 hr drive.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting that you mention not having them for your kids. I was thinking of not getting one for my DH b/c heā€™s just not as fun as me!! (j/k - well, kind of :laughing:)

3 Likes

DD29 and I both AP holders since 2010. Live in the Dallas area. DD loves the runDisney events so we hit one of those a year plus her bday trip in September. We generally have at least one more adventure usually in May.

2 Likes

Lol! I might try to convince DH to get them for the kids because I could then take them for their October break. He will be tied to his desk from Oct-mid Feb. But I would love to take them by myself! We will see if that happens though!

1 Like

We live in CT and are definitely considering an AP when we go in August. I thought DH was on board, but he recently expressed skepticism, so I have to work on him. We have a 5 day ticket in August and will go back for at least 7 days, so it will be a savings, plus the RO discount, the TIW card, etc. And I am going back on my own for two days in the fall. I think itā€™s the right thing to do, but itā€™s a lot of money for us all at once.

Planning to upgrade to AP for the 1st time in Nov so we can make use of my companion pass and southwest points next year. Weā€™re in Austin area and have been taking 1 long trip/year but planning at least 2-3 next year with AP.

2 Likes

My DD and I both have an AP. We live in Omaha NE

1 Like

I understand, @Iheartepcot. Itā€™s definitely a big commitment! I keep wondering if I should go ahead and order the vouchers now so that I can book a room only as soon as the discounts are announced. We currently have a package with ā€œfreeā€ dining booked and I donā€™t want to lose that if I canā€™t get a resort that I want at a discount.

Iā€™m in CT. I have one but not the rest of the family. And this wonā€™t be helpful, but I got mine for biz purposes so I can jump down on solo trips and check things out. Iā€™m burning quite a hole in it. LOL.

2 Likes

Figuring out the timing is a little tricky for us, too! I have two trips planned, one already paid off, so I am going to wait and upgrade while I am there, I think, then cancel and re-schedule the second trip.

1 Like

I would like to find out how to visit WDW and cite ā€œbusinessā€ purposes as my reason! You know, maybe take it as a tax write-off! LOL

But, seriously, are you a TA?

Become a TA and say it is research for your business :wink:

2 Likes

DS11 and I will be getting APs in December, along with a TIW so I can convince DH and DS15 to join us more often on our trips by promising scrumptious meals!

1 Like

Live in iowa and are dvc. Upgraded tickets we bought for next Juneā€™s trip to premium passes when dh suggested a trip this july.

1 Like

I live in NY and just bought an AP for me and my DS5. We have trips planned for this August, October (girls trip, no DS5) and December. Thinking about going in May 2015 as well and hoping to squeeze another one in for August before AP expires (but I just know Iā€™ll be renewing).

1 Like

business purposes (insert major eyeroll here)

1 Like

me! Iā€™m a proud Jerseyan :slight_smile: who tries to head down about once a quarter. I bought mine as a birthday gift to myself, and it keeps on giving (and giving and giving) every year

1 Like

I have one. I live in NY and will get 7 trips out of it by the time it expires.

3 Likes

I can absolutely see that happening! :smiley: Unfortunately, we are in north Atlanta so it can make the car ride rather unbearable. We are actually using hotel points to stay in a hotel near the airport the night before our flight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wish they had a FL resident pass that only blacked out the summer months! I would get one of those in a heartbeat. As it is I have the Premium so I can hit the water parks in the summer and still go during the holidays and enjoy the cold weather in the parks.

1 Like