Annual Pass Roll Call

We are actually in Canada and we have AP. Its not something that we will regularly do but we had two trips planned for within the same year and one of the trips was for 12 days so we figured we would get our money’s worth. The only problem is that now we are very tempted on going a third time before the AP expires in October!

2 Likes

I have my very first AP this year. Live in Australia, and came over for 3 weeks in April. Now very tempted to make another trip in September - don’t want to waste the AP, but hard to justify flight. What do you say liners?

1 Like

I can’t imagine what the cost of flights would be, @Tinkswdwbest. Have you looked into that yet?

I have looked - it’s a lot!! Sort of knocks my argument about needing to get “value” out of my AP on the head!

1 Like

Just moved to the Orlando area a week ago but bought our AP’s before we came down for our house hunting trip. I’ve already lost count on the number of times we’ve been!

2 Likes

We have had our most recent AP since 10/12…live 2.5 hrs away and spend most weekends in the parks. It’s what we do for fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We live in Oklahoma. Originally got it to get tiw, since we do at least one sit down a day. Our trip in Sept will be our fourth in the past year

1 Like

Got one in 2012, because my family (parents, sister, brother in law, and I) planned a trip on short notice and AP discount for our hotel rooms was cheaper than any other available discount, even when factoring in the price of the ticket. I found many excuses to return before that AP expired, then bought another one in summer 2013. Now that multiple trips in the same year is becoming a habit, I’ll likely be purchasing another AP whenever I make my next trip this year. I haven’t renewed my pass, because paying for the extra months when I won’t be visiting the parks has never been worth the money I would’ve saved by paying the renewal price.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who has replied!! I’ve loved reading everyone’s story. :smile:

I’m so excited to say that I am now officially an AP holder!!! :sparkles: :tada: :balloon: :beers: I was able to get a room only discount this morning on the room that we had originally booked with “free” dining so I took that as a sign that the AP was the right thing to do. I will be thrilled with the current discount but will keep an eye out for the AP rates too. I ordered our AP vouchers and I plan on buying the TiW card. I LOVE that cocktails are included. That alone will be a big money saver. Ha! Anyways, thank you all for sharing!! Now back to my happy dance… :dancer:

2 Likes

That was my plan. We have 2 more trips planned now.

We have four premium annual passes in our family. We travel to Disney World from Ontario, Canada and will have made 4 trips using it. We usually travel down with a 27 foot travel trailer and stay at the campground. We also have a Tables in Wonderland card to save on food while at Disney World. The curse of having an annual pass is that because you have it you will book more trips.

Fort Wilderness Campground - August 2013 (two weeks)
Fort Wilderness Campground - Dec 2013 (two weeks over Christmas and New Years)
Pop Century Resort - March 2014 (one week over spring break)
Fort Wilderness Campground - July 27th, 2014 - August 10th, 2014

1 Like

DH, myself, and 2 kiddos have them! We are in NC and can drive. Did 7 days in Jan. 4 days in march, 6 in June, 3 in July, 3 in Oct, and 6 in Nov.

1 Like

Congrats!! Let the planning begin…

1 Like

We have had APs for 6 or 7 years, spend about 8 mo in Fl every year. Definitely get our moneys worth.

1 Like

Ap’s for 1st time this year …trips in Aug,Dec… adults only in Feb and then going next summer again before they expire …yeah rally saved me a lot …:slight_smile:

Question …my passes are linked but not active on MDE …the AP area will not open for me, do I have to wait until they are active or do I have to do something special to gain access ???

1 Like

Congrats kellymouse!! We are in Atlanta as well & are purchasing AP’s in October for our December trip. Happy to finally be making that purchase!!

1 Like

It’s easy to see how AP holders end up spending more in the long run. :laughing: I don’t know the answer to your question but hopefully you’ll get a response soon. :smiley:

1 Like

@Grumpyinbrooklyn1 I had access to the pass holder resort bookings when I bought my voucher. Recently when I log in to MDE on my iPad the passholder section goes to a blank page but when I check rates, for example labor day weekend l, I can see AKL pass holder rate.

1 Like

DS13 and I got our first AP in March. We have been 2x so far. Planning on going back in Nov and Jan (jan trip without DS). We live in Alabama. Drove for trip #2, but plan on flying for all others.

1 Like

@kellymouse5 sorry it took so long to respond. but yes, I’m a TA. and just about EVERYTHING is for business purposes and research. LOL

2 Likes