Annual pass refunds

Nothing

Dido, still waiting.

I wonder if ā€œmid- to late Septemberā€ is Disney-speak for after the fiscal year ends ā€¦ which maybe today (???) ā€¦ Sept. 28th.? :thinking: If so, mid-to late October looks promising. :smiling_imp:

Just looking at Disneyā€™s 10-K filings over the past few years,https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/investor-relations/#reports, they always end their fiscal year on the Saturday closest to the last day of September, so that would have been last Saturday the 26th.

You are probably right. When I think back to all the odd things I was asked/told to do at work before retiring because of the companyā€™s pending quarterly earningsā€™ release, my old job suspicions kicked in on this one trying to figure out why on earth the delay ā€¦ given all the Disney emails and reported conversations APā€™ers have had with WDW call centers. Iā€™ve not seen any reports by anyone on any of the many Mickey Mouse forums I read report yet that they have actually received a refund for their cancelled AP decision. I could be totally wrong, but I am more frustrated by Disney right now than a Democrat waiting for Trump to release his tax returns. :innocent:

Anybody?

Nothing today

2 Likes

Still waiting hereā€¦

I think I know one reason why refunds might be delayed: I called today to see if I could renew my DH/Ss expired PH, they asked a bunch of questions to determine if they met the criteria; they did not. The CM told me that those PH that were expired or canceled March and later could be reinstated. So, they might not be refunding canceled PH as they see who would like to reinstate their expired/canceled PHā€™s? Just a thought.

WE DEALT WITH ALL OF THAT ON THE PHONE THAT WEEKEND I SPENT 7 HOURS DEALING WITH THIS FREAKING MESS!

Ahem.

Sorry. :smiley:

1 Like

Yaaaaas!

I waited 2 hours to find out I couldnā€™t renew my expired APs

1 Like

I decided to call again this afternoon, it being near to close of business on the last day of September and having been assured I would have my refund by ā€œmid-to-late Septemberā€ during my last call.

I dialed up before I left the lot at work, 4:30pm. I was on hold for 1hr 25 minutes before my call was picked up. I spoke with someone for less than three minutes, at which time she asked if she could put me on a (important!!) brief hold. I agreed - what else could I say, really?

At that time I had just dropped my daughter off at her dance studio. While on hold, I drove home, changed my clothes, fed my cats, and set out on my run. Friends, I am like Baymax: I am not fast. Still, I was 2.7 miles into my run before she picked the call back up. At my pace, that hold could not even loosely be described as ā€œbriefā€. I told her as much.

In any case, she assured me that in the 45 minutes I had been on hold - driving, dressing, feeding, and running - they had determined that my refund had most definitely been processed by now, and any delays would be the fault of my own banking institution. She went on to explain to me all the whethers, whys, and wherefores to back that statement up. Whatever, lady, I just want my dang money.

Not sure if my call had anything to do with it, or if it was purely coincidence, but just a short time ago my DH advised me that we had been refunded [redacted] dollars to our account and did I know what that might be for. It was actually a bit more than I anticipated but certainly within range; I am not going to complain and will happily accept what they have sent. After all, I only got to use my pass for 4 or 5 days, and it was only active for about 10 weeks before the proverbial excrement made contact with the wind maker.

If you donā€™t see your own refunds in the next day or two, give a call. Could be that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. :woman_shrugging:

Of note: hold music is not particularly fantastic to run to, especially with the cast members breaking in to tell us stuff that we experts already know. But the song with the best cadence for running? The Tigger song (the most wonderful thing about tiggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrs! that one). File that in your useless information file for tonight.

Good luck!

11 Likes

Good news. I see a $690 refund posted to my credit card this morning from Epcot Guest Relations. Between this amount and what I got back for last springā€™s temp closure it looks like Disney refunded darn near the total amount I spent on the AP. Hopefully OBNurseNH is right on and everyone else still waiting will their refund come thru now as well. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Wow, Congratulations @OBNurseNH and everyone else on finally getting your long-awaited refund.

I am late getting a chance to log on here since I had to go to my doctor this morning for my annual check-up.

So imagine my excitement to see folks getting their AP refund, so I immediately went to my Chase Disney Visa account to see what new activity there might be. I log into the account, guess what,

4 Likes

I have nothing, but I also think mine will be mailed.

4 Likes

https://comb.io/Qmapnz.gif

Or @OBNurseNH as the case may be :wink:

2 Likes

Mine came through and itā€™s what I expected. Happy but sad that Iā€™m not a PH anymore :cry:. Looking forward to better times!!

2 Likes