Annual pass refunds

I just checked (again) and I got mine! It wasn’t there yesterday. Now to do the math - and to make sure it was for both of us, not just me.

ETA: Nope, it was just for me. His is still showing as active. I emailed them just now.

2 Likes

Just want to report that our family of four just received our refund this morning also. I requested the refund back when we got the emails from Disney. It was refunded back to our Disney chase cards. Hopefully everyone else will soon have theirs too!

2 Likes

So I went onto the Chase Disney Visa Card account this morning, it was slow to load

It finally loads, and what to my wondering eyes should appear…

THREE REFUNDS FOR THREE CANCELLED ANNUAL PASSES

It’s about Friggin’ time.

9 Likes

Finally! Im not an AP but Ive been watching this thread just to celebrate your refund when it finally arrived!!!

5 Likes

I don’t expect my check for a bit. I’ll celebrate once that comes in.

Thanks, I’ve been just trying to have a little fun with this entire process.

4 Likes

I finally received my refund this week as well, and I was surprised to see it come from Epcot Guest Relations. The almost $800 refund on my initial ~$1,100 Platinum Pass, plus having used it for three trips before the shutdown (including discounts), in addition to the extension truly made me feel like Disney did right by me. I hope others feel the same way. <3

FYI, I bought this AP (my first) in mid-November 2019, in case this helps anyone else to calculate/compare their refunds.

2 Likes

FWIW, my wife just sent me an email that she finally got a credit card refund from Shop Disney.com for
some items she returned in June.

2 Likes

[quote=“jcgulotta, post:87, topic:73733, full:true”]
… truly made me feel like Disney did right by me. I hope others feel the same way. [/quote]

I agree 1000%. I’m sure everyone’s situation is different, but in my case I got back all but $100 of what the AP originally cost. And for that $100 I got 3 park days, a huge AP’s resort discount last February, some MM photos and a bunch of restaurant discounts. These are not “value received” benefits I expected Disney to ignore when they calculated my refund. I too feel they were more than fair. A tad slow perhaps, but still, more than fair. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I just got my checks! Oddly they were for different amounts, but I’m just happy to get the money back at this point.

4 Likes

Great to hear that the folks who were told they were getting checks are finally getting them,

3 Likes

Just curious , did you get your AP refund yet?

I did! It posted on 9/29:
09/29 EPCOT GUEST RELATIO LAKE BUENA VIFL -402.66

I did have to get a new credit card in between when I bought my AP and when I cancelled, so maybe that took a little bit longer. It was the same account but new card.

Since we are now looking at a trip in November I called to ask about reinstatement of my AP. I called on 10/09 and they said they were submitting the form and I would receive a call within 48 hours. On 10/14 I called again after not receiving a call, and they submitted a form again. Today I called a third time since it has been two weeks and no callback. The CM was able to find my name on “the list” and said it was nearing the top so I should get a call in the next day or two. Sounds like they have quite a backlog of people calling for this. Just FYI in case anyone else is also waiting.

1 Like

Finally received the call yesterday and was able to get a new AP. The deal was it was full price and is not activated until I go to the parks again. But I was able to book AP rate at a resort online with the new AP in my account which is lots better than any rates available to me otherwise outside of Priceline etc.

1 Like