And so it begins again!

I let mom sleep till about 6 while I snagged a ROL fastpass. But she wasn’t up for going anywhere or doing anything so I got dinner from Contempo Cafe (a surprisingly good chicken dinner). She ate only a few bites and then went back to sleep.

I contemplated watching the fireworks with her from the balcony, but she was going to be asleep anyway, so I decided to hit up AK instead and close out the park. In hindsight, I probably should’ve just stayed in the hotel room for the fireworks as I didn’t really get a chance to do much at AK because as soon as I got there I kinda had to choose to explore pandora or watch ROL. Since we still have plans for ROL later this week, I went with pandora (because that is something she will completely give zero cares about).

I like it. Still feels weird given the nature of it all (no pun intended…i think), but looks great. I think they could’ve done a bit better job hiding all the lights through, it kinda took the magic out when you can see not only the source of the black lights, when not even under them, but the foilage lights as well. I was also hoping the “bioilluminences” would have been either real or like Epcot where they’re embedded in the walk way and not just UV-paint.

I definitely like AK better at night though. Feels far more mysterious and exotic.

8 Likes

I would kill to do some Disney touring alone. You are so lucky. I am always dragging my kids everywhere, and sometimes they can be such a drag. :joy:

2 Likes

Now I have to somehow keep my kids at AK until dark so I can see Pandora at night. :thinking:

I hope your mom enjoys Chef Mickeys!

Well… I would say she did.

!

Got some great photos, and once again the first one made the price all the more worth it.

The characters all shook my hand and took a photo with me. It wasn’t until Minnie than I realized that none include me AND mom. But it was still a great photo none the less.

21 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Minnie at Chef Mickey was our #1 favorite. She was so adorable!

3 Likes

So glad you both got to do the trip together, and well done for making it happen.

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Couple of pics from the previous 2 days. Unfortunately , didn’t get to see fantasmic, spirit of aloha didn’t happen because monorail failures, and the dessert party yesterday was a waste thanks to us getting caught in a rain storm and she then was cold.

The good news is we watched fireworks from the hotel room and thankfully the soundtrack is still piped into the rooms. Though it’d be better if it was a live video feed.

21 Likes

Great pics!

1 Like

It seems as if you are taking full advantage of the times when it is not raining! Thanks for the pictures!

1 Like

Looks like she’s enjoying some food! Yay! Win for added nutrition. I’m sure her body needs it. How did she like 50’s prime time, that was one of her picks right? Love the pictures! So fun following along with your trip!

1 Like

She absolutely loved 50s prime time. She couldn’t finish her whole plate, but was absolutely determined to get a doggie bag. Which they had no problem providing. This was the only food she felt compelled to do that to, so that’s saying something.

For me, I found it pretty cool myself. Same level of theming as be our guest, just differently applied, so it won big points for me. I wouldve liked to see the full Disneyland telecast though with sound. Ah well.

8 Likes

Enjoying your pics and trip reports. Keeping your mom in my prayers.

1 Like

So we have returned home. Mom has deteriorated a bit, and is just really tired (No surprise) the long day yesterday for travel didn’t do her any favors.

She says she had a great time, though she can’t seem to pick out anything specific she did that she enjoyed. I’m not really surprised though, and I know she had a great start to the week. But that constant rain suuucked.

Still, we got our final coffees out behind the castle (after BOG) and a final shot on the monorail and one in front of the tree of life.

Overall, good vacation,and I have mixed feelings about being back. I’m glad she’s back where she can be properly helped and monitored, but bummed cause were not in Disney.

Depending on time, I’ll try and come up with a more detailed trip report.

20 Likes

I hope she recommended vets quickly after bit of rest at home. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

1 Like

Ummm. Recommended vets?? Stupid autocorrect. I meant to say “recovers”

8 Likes

The picture of your mom looking up at the castle is priceless! I’m glad you are both back safely and that you were able to have all of your special time in Disney together. Thanks for all of the pics and for taking us along!

7 Likes

As a mom I will say the greatest gift is time with my son. Time with my son in Disney is always great. You have your mom a wonderful gift.

4 Likes

A few of my absolute favorites…

And my favorite photo of the vacation has to be

To see mom light up like that is more rare than I can possibly tell you. All the “smiling” in the other photos are me prodding her to smile. But THAT…that was more genuine than anything else.

26 Likes

That’s adorable!! I’m sure it was tiring for your mum, but what precious memories!

2 Likes