And so it begins again!

I’m so glad you’re back home safely and that you had the opportunity to do this trip with your mom. I hope she rests up and feels well soon. I love all the pics!

1 Like

:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️ “That’s all I have to say about that”

1 Like

These are just wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us!

2 Likes

I am in tears looking at these. I am so happy you got this trip. I sign in everyday looking to see if there are any updates.

That trip was priceless!! Don’t waste time get onto shutterfly and make a scrapbook. Preserve this and your memories.

Wishing the best for you and your mom.

And would love any trip report you can give us, and you would be able to keep it with your scarpbook too!

7 Likes

I know all of us that have been rooting for you and your mom on this adventure are breathing a collective sigh of relief! I am over joyed that you were successful in getting there and back and made wonderful memories together! I am especially glad you were successful in capturing such a memorable photo of your Mom! I know early on in the trip you were disappointed that you were not able to get it.

8 Likes

Yay. So glad to read and see your trip. Looks like it was well worth the planning and worrying. We were there the same time and spent the days dodging puddles too. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. You and your mom are an inspiration!

2 Likes

I am so glad you posted those pictures! They are so wonderful, and I’m so glad you were able to take that special trip with your mom. If I were you, I would make one of those photo books so you can have them forever.

4 Likes

Well this is awkard…
I finally carved out some free time to unpack the luggage today and discovered I’m missing all of my SD memory cards and thumb drives (they were all in a single ziplock bag). Oddly enough they are the only thing unaccounted for. I remember doing a thorough check of the hotel room before we left, and obviously I didn’t see them outside the luggage, but if they’re not here at home…where else could they be? All luggage was untampered with when we got back, so I don’t suspect theft or anything like that.

Has anyone ever left something behind in the hotels before? Any luck getting your stuff back?

The good news is, there was nothing on them. I never needed to unload the pictures from my phone or DSLR onto backup drives, so, at worst, this is just a monetary loss and I’ll need to go out and get all new drives.

Did you have a paper from TSA saying they checked your suitcase?

No

Oh phew! My heart sunk, I thought it was all your pictures. Omg, I almost fainted. How’s mom doing?

3 Likes

Whew. As i was reading this I was sad. I am glad there was nothing on them.

You can contact disney lost and found. Tell them where you stayed and when and describe the bag tot them. Good luck.

2 Likes

Ehhh not so good. She just went through her full chemo teatment nand it’s hitting her hard, but the upside it isn’t hitting her nearly as hard as it did last time, so that’s something. But she’s still not feeling anywhere close to “good” and it’ll probably be a few days before she does.

I’ll give Disney lost and found a call. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s going to be a rollercoaster. Hang in there.

1 Like

Yup, I left them in Florida. They had them and they will be mailing them out soon as the mail comes around.

Another win for Disney Customer Service.

14 Likes

Disney really rocks. I am glad they were fou d and on their way.

Hope your mom is okay.

1 Like

I don’t know how I missed this when it was first posted but I just read the entire thread. :heart: I’m so glad that you and your mom got to have this trip together!! You are a fantastic son!! I’m really looking forward to your trip report - thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

3 Likes

I’m the same as @LoveBug53, I don’t know how I missed this thread! I remember reading and enjoying your solo trip thread.
I’ve got to say I’m so pleased you got to spend time in Disney with your Mum. The pictures you took are amazing and beautiful, I can honestly say I had a bit of pixie dust in my eyes. You done an super job and all credit to you, cherish those special memories and your mum.
Wishing her well on the next stage of treatment.

3 Likes

Well that was entirely irratating! Woke up this morning to do the fast passes and my spreadsheet, my beautiful spreadsheet, was somehow deleted! :sob:

Scrambling to recover, I try to load the friggin Disney site and my itinerary of where my rough plans and ADRs were listed and it kept glitching and failing everytime I tried to book a fast pass or figure out when a show was.

After over an hour of fighting, I finally got the fast passes I needed, but not at the times I wanted.

Still, two shots at FOP, a ride on the Slinky (that sounds a bit dirty), and AS2 are all squared away. Overall, I’ll call it a draw between me and Disney. Good thing I don’t care much about the rides.

2 Likes